India’s inflation rate slips to 0.13 percentJune 11th, 2009 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 11 (IANS) India’s annual rate of inflation fell to 0.13 percent for the week ended May 30 from 0.48 percent in the previous week, official data showed Thursday.
The wholesale price index for all commodities rose 0.1 percent primarily due to a rise in the indices for primary articles and various manufacturing products, as per data released by the commerce and industry ministry.
While the index for primary articles rose 0.4 percent, that for fuel and power and manufactured products remained unchanged.
Among the manufactured products groups, indices for food products, paper and non-metallic minerals increased, while that for textiles, rubber and plastic products, basic metal, alloys and machinery equipment declined.
The final data for the week ended April 4 showed that the revised annual inflation rate actually stood at 0.83 percent as against 0.18 percent reported earlier based on provisional figures.
- India's inflation rate falls to 0.48 percent - Jun 04, 2009
- Inflation nudges up in June, close to double digits - Jul 14, 2011
- Inflation in January slips to 6.55 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- India's annual inflation slips to 8.66 percent in April - May 16, 2011
- Inflation rises to 8.62 percent in September - Oct 15, 2010
- Inflation inches up, analysts expect rate hike (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Inflation continues to remain high, rate hike likely again - Oct 14, 2011
- No respite from inflation, rises to 9.06 percent in May - Jun 14, 2011
- India's inflation overshoots target, at 8.98 percent in March - Apr 15, 2011
- India's annual inflation drops to 7.48 percent in November - Dec 14, 2010
- Inflation rate up, now at 0.83 percent - Oct 01, 2009
- Inflation slips, Pranab expects it at 6 percent by March-end (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- India's annual inflation slips to 8.66 percent in April (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Inflation eases a tad to 9.22 percent in July - Aug 16, 2011
- India's inflation slips into negative zone - Jun 18, 2009
Tags: annual inflation rate, annual rate of inflation, april 4, commodities, food products, India, industry ministry, machinery equipment, manufacturing products, metal alloys, non metallic minerals, provisional figures, rate of inflation, slips, textiles, wholesale, wholesale price index