India’s inflation rate rises marginally to 0.7 percent (Lead)May 8th, 2009 - 1:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) India’s annual rate of inflation rose marginally to 0.7 percent for the week ended April 25 from 0.57 percent the week before, official data showed Friday.
Among the three main commodity groups, the indices for manufactured products and primary articles rose 0.3 percent and 0.2 percent, respectively, during the week under review.
The index for fuel, power, light and lubricants remained unchanged at its previous week’s level of 323 (provisional).
The inflation rate based on official wholesale price index had declined for eight consecutive weeks to 0.27 percent for the week ended March 14, but marginally rose to 0.31 percent for the week ended March 21.
It then declined for two consecutive weeks, before rising again for the next three weeks to stand at 0.7 percent for the week ended April 25.
Between April 18 and April 25, the wholesale price index rose 0.2 percent to 230.7 from 230.2 the week before, as per the provisional data released by the commerce and industry ministry.
- India's inflation rate marginally up at 0.7 percent - May 08, 2009
- India's inflation rate inches up to 0.7 percent (Second Lead) - May 08, 2009
- India's inflation rate marginally up at 0.57 percent - Apr 30, 2009
- India's inflation rate marginally up at 0.57 percent (Lead) - Apr 30, 2009
- Inflation eases a tad to 9.22 percent in July - Aug 16, 2011
- India's inflation rate marginally up at 0.26 percent - Apr 23, 2009
- Inflation dips to 0.48 percent after four-week rise - May 14, 2009
- US wholesale prices rise - Jul 14, 2012
- Food prices fall; inflation will continue to moderate: Pranab (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Sensex slumps 24 percent in 2011 (Roundup) - Dec 30, 2011
- Food inflation eases to 8.53 percent - May 05, 2011
- Inflation eases to 9.22 percent in July (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Food inflation rises to 8.31 percent - Jul 14, 2011
- Inflation dips to 0.48 percent after four-week rise (Lead) - May 14, 2009
- Food inflation continues in the negative - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: annual rate of inflation, commodity groups, consecutive weeks, India, industry ministry, inflation rate, lubricants, march 21, New Delhi, provisional data, rate of inflation, week ended march, wholesale, wholesale price index