India’s inflation rate marginally up at 0.26 percentApril 23rd, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) India’s annual rate of inflation rose marginally to 0.26 percent for the week ended April 11, from 0.18 percent the week before, official data showed Thursday.
The inflation rate based on official wholesale price index had declined for eight consecutive weeks to 0.27 percent for the week ended March 14, but marginally rose to 0.31 percent for the week ended March 21. It continued to decline for two consecutive week, before rising again to 0.26 percent for the week ended April 11.
Between April 11 and April 4 , the wholesale price index rose 0.3 percent to 228.8 from 228.2 the week before, as per the provisional data released by the commerce and industry ministry.
Among the three main commodity groups, the index for manufactured products and primary articles rose 0.2 percent and 0.5 percent.
The index for fuel, power, light and lubricants, however, remained unchanged at previous week’s level at 322.6 (provisional).
- India's inflation rate marginally up at 0.26 percent (Lead) - Apr 23, 2009
- India's inflation rate marginally up at 0.57 percent - Apr 30, 2009
- Inflation rate up to 0.26 percent - Apr 23, 2009
- Inflation falls further to 0.18 percent - Apr 16, 2009
- India's inflation rate marginally up at 0.57 percent (Lead) - Apr 30, 2009
- India's inflation rate at lowest in three decades (Lead) - Apr 16, 2009
- India's inflation rate rises marginally to 0.7 percent (Lead) - May 08, 2009
- India's inflation rate marginally up at 0.7 percent - May 08, 2009
- Food prices fall; inflation will continue to moderate: Pranab (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Food inflation eases to 8.53 percent - May 05, 2011
- Inflation eases a tad to 9.22 percent in July - Aug 16, 2011
- Food inflation soars, crosses double-digits - Oct 20, 2011
- Food inflation continues in the negative - Jan 12, 2012
- India's inflation falls again, to 0.26 percent - Apr 09, 2009
- Food inflation in double-digits for second straight week - Oct 27, 2011
Tags: annual rate of inflation, april 4, commodity groups, consecutive weeks, India, industry ministry, inflation rate, lubricants, march 21, New Delhi, provisional data, rate of inflation, week ended march, wholesale, wholesale price index