India’s industrial production growth improves in JuneAugust 12th, 2008 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) India’s industrial production growth rate improved slightly to 5.4 percent this June from 3.8 percent in May, the government said here Tuesday. The growth rate, however, is far lower than the 8.9 percent growth registered in the corresponding period in the last financial year.
The index of industrial production (IIP), released by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, put the cumulated industrial growth at 5.2 percent during April-June in the current fiscal, as compared to 10.3 percent in the corresponding period last year.
In June, mining, manufacturing and electricity sectors grew 2.9 percent, 5.9 percent and 2.6 percent respectively.
Save for the mining sector, which had grown 1.5 percent in June last fiscal, the other two sectors showed a drop in growth rate.
According to the official data, the mining sector registered a 4.7 percent growth rate during April-June in the current fiscal against 2.7 percent in the last fiscal, while the manufacturing sector logged only 5.6 percent growth as compared to 11.1 percent in the same period last year.
The electricity sector also showed a declining growth trend by logging only two percent growth in April-June in the current fiscal against 8.3 percent in the last corresponding period.
- October industrial output slumps to minus-5.1 percent - Dec 12, 2011
- As industrial output contracts, industry clamours for lowering rates - Dec 12, 2011
- As factory output shrinks, India Inc. demands lower interest rates (Roundup) - Dec 12, 2011
- India's industrial output drops by 1.8 percent in June (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Industrial output rises in May but recovery probability low (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Industrial output drops by 1.8 percent in June - Aug 09, 2012
- Industrial output rises by 2.4 percent in May (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- India's April industrial output rises at a slow 6.3 percent - Jun 10, 2011
- Factory output rises a sluggish 4.1 percent, may affect GDP - Oct 12, 2011
- Industrial output grows at 0.1 percent in April - Jun 12, 2012
- Indian economy grows slowest in six quarters (Roundup) - Aug 30, 2011
- Rising interest rates affect industrial output, lowest in over 2 years - Nov 11, 2011
- Core industries growth rebounds to 6.8 percent - Dec 26, 2011
- Industrial output rebounds in January, grows at 6.8 percent - Mar 12, 2012
- India's industrial output up 6.8 percent in January (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012