India’s industrial output falls 1.2 percent in FebruaryApril 9th, 2009 - 2:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) India’s industrial output fell 1.2 percent in February against a growth of 9.5 percent in the like month of last fiscal, even as the provisional drop reported for January has been revised now to a marginal growth of 0.39 percent.
As per data on index for industrial production (IIP) released Thursday, manufacturing output, which accounts for the bulk of the weight in the overall index, declined 1.4 percent in February, against 9.6 percent growth in the like month of last year.
While mining output also fell 1.6 percent, against 8 percent growth in February 2008, that for electricity increased marginally by 0.7 percent compared with a 9.8-percent growth during the period under review, the official statistics showed.
Cumulatively, the general index expanded 2.8 percent during the first 11 months of 2008-09, as against 8.8 percent in the same period of last year. Industrial output was up 8.1 percent in 2007-08 and 11.6 percent in the year before.
- Core industries' growth rises by 6.8 percent - Mar 29, 2012
- Core industries' growth slumps to 2 percent in March - Apr 30, 2012
- Core industries growth rebounds to 6.8 percent - Dec 26, 2011
- Industrial output rises in May but recovery probability low (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Industrial output rises by 2.4 percent in May (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Core industries growth falls to 3.1 percent in December - Jan 30, 2012
- Core industries growth slumps to 0.5 percent in January - Feb 28, 2012
- October industrial output slumps to minus-5.1 percent - Dec 12, 2011
- India's core industry growth slumps to 3.5 percent in August - Sep 27, 2011
- Inflation will remain at same level: Pranab - Apr 17, 2012
- India's industrial output drops by 1.8 percent in June (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- India's industrial output falls 1.2 percent in February (Lead) - Apr 09, 2009
- Industrial output drops by 1.8 percent in June - Aug 09, 2012
- Core industries post 3.8 percent growth in May - Jun 29, 2012
- Industrial output grows at 0.1 percent in April - Jun 12, 2012