India’s industrial output down 2.3 percent in MarchMay 12th, 2009 - 2:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) India’s industrial output fell for the third consecutive time in four months in March by a steep 2.3 percent compared to the same month last year, according to data released by the government Tuesday.
Production in the manufacturing sector declined 3.3 percent during the month under review from the year earlier.
The official data showed industrial output rising 2.4 percent last fiscal, down from a revised 8.5 percent in 2007-08.
- October industrial output slumps to minus-5.1 percent - Dec 12, 2011
- As industrial output contracts, industry clamours for lowering rates - Dec 12, 2011
- Industrial output rises by 2.4 percent in May (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- As factory output shrinks, India Inc. demands lower interest rates (Roundup) - Dec 12, 2011
- Rising interest rates affect industrial output, lowest in over 2 years - Nov 11, 2011
- Core industries growth falls to 2.2 percent in April - May 31, 2012
- Rising raw material cost dampening manufacturing growth: Ficci - Dec 11, 2011
- US industrial production down - Jun 15, 2012
- India's industrial output up only 4.4 percent in September - Nov 12, 2010
- Robust March industrial output may not be maintained - May 12, 2011
- Industrial output rises in May but recovery probability low (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Plan panel expects GDP growth in 2011-12 to slip from 8.5 percent (Lead) - May 31, 2011
- India's industrial output falls 2.3 percent in March (Lead) - May 12, 2009
- India's industrial output contracts by 3.5 percent in March - May 11, 2012
- Indian economy hit by high inflation, slowing growth (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2011