India’s forex reserves rise by $1.31 billionAugust 4th, 2012 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 4 (IANS) India’s foreign exchange (forex) reserves grew by $1.31 billion to $288.64 billion for the week ended July 27, 2012, Reserve Bank of India data showed.
The forex had earlier risen by $589 million to $287.34 billion for the week ended July 20, 2012.
The country’s forex reserves had declined by $872.7 million in the week ended July 13, 2012.
Foreign currency assets, the biggest component of the forex reserves kitty, increased by $1.29 billion to $256.39 billion for the week under review, according to weekly statistical supplement released by the RBI.
The foreign currency assets had risen by $565.5 million to $255.10 billion for the week ended June 20.
The RBI said the assets in US dollar terms included the effect of appreciation or depreciation of non-US currencies such as the pound sterling, euro and yen held in reserve.
The value of special drawing rights (SDRs) grew by $13.5 million to $4.35 billion during the week ended July 27, while India’s reserves with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) rose by $6.7 million to $2.13 billion.
However, the value of gold reserves remained unchanged at $25.76 billion.
- India's forex reserves rise to $289.15 bn - Aug 11, 2012
- India's forex reserves rise by $589 bn - Jul 29, 2012
- India's forex reserves rise by $589 mn (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- India's forex reserves grow by $1.36 bn - Jul 07, 2012
- India's forex reserves decline by $250 million - Aug 25, 2012
- India's forex reserves grow to $287.37 billion - Jun 17, 2012
- India's forex reserves rise by $758.3 million - May 05, 2012
- India's forex reserves slump by $3.14 bn - Jan 15, 2012
- Forex reserves drop to 15-month low at $292.52 billion - Jan 21, 2012
- India's forex reserves plunges by $336 million - Jul 14, 2012
- India's forex reserves rise by $1.46 billion - Apr 28, 2012
- India's forex reserves drop by $1.86 billion - Aug 13, 2011
- India's forex reserves jump $2.29 bn - Jul 30, 2011
- India's forex reserves slump by $5.72 billion - Nov 13, 2011
- India's forex reserves fall by $2.187 billion - May 12, 2012
Tags: 5 million, bank of india, currencies, currency assets, depreciation, dollar terms, foreign currency, foreign exchange, forex reserves, gold reserves, international monetary fund, international monetary fund imf, kitty, pound sterling, rbi, reserve bank of india, special drawing rights, statistical supplement, value of gold, yen