India’s export growth dips to 12.9 percentJuly 1st, 2008 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) The growth in India’s merchandise exports dipped to 12.9 percent for May to $13.78 billion, against $12.21 billion for the like month of the previous year, official trade data showed Tuesday. The cumulative exports for April-May was valued at $28.18 billion, which was 21.7 percent higher than $23.16 billion during the corresponding period of the previous year, data released by the commerce ministry showed.
India has set a merchandise export target of $200 billion for the current fiscal. In April, the exports were higher by an impressive 31.5 percent.
Imports during May were estimated at $24.55 billion, representing an increase of 27.1 percent over $19.31 billion in May, while imports for April-May were higher by 31.7 percent at $48.82 billion, against $37.08 billion.
With crude prices going through the roof, oil imports during May jumped by 50.8 percent and topped $84.65 billion, against $56.13 billion in the corresponding month of last fiscal, while non-oil imports were higher by 17.4 percent.
As a result, the trade deficit widened to $20.64 billion for April-May against $13.92 billion during the like period of last fiscal.
- India's exports growth falls to 3.87 percent in November - Jan 02, 2012
- India's exports fall in May - Jul 02, 2012
- India's May exports rise 56.93 percent - Jul 01, 2011
- India's merchandise exports rise 21.36 percent in October - Dec 01, 2010
- India's exports slump 14.8 percent in July - Sep 03, 2012
- India's merchandise exports up in January, oil imports down - Mar 01, 2011
- India's exports up 35 percent in May at $16.1 bn - Jul 01, 2010
- India's February exports rise 49.7 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- India's merchandise exports up 13 percent in July - Sep 01, 2010
- India's exports rise 44 percent in August; deficit widens to $14 bn - Oct 03, 2011
- India's exports rose 6.71 percent to $25 bn in December - Feb 01, 2012
- India's exports up 35 percent in May at $16.1 bn - Jun 18, 2010
- India's exports rose 10 percent in January - Mar 01, 2012
- India's exports up 10.1 percent to $25.4 bn in January - Feb 09, 2012
- India's exports surge 82 percent in July - Sep 01, 2011