India’s annual inflation rate rises to 0.61 percentMay 21st, 2009 - 1:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 21 (IANS) Higher prices of tea, fruits, vegetables and spices pushed up India’s annual rate of inflation to 0.61 percent for the week ended May 9 from 0.48 percent the week before, official data on wholesale prices showed Thursday.
The annual rate of inflation had been rising for four consecutive reporting dates since the week ended April 4 when it was at 0.18 percent and touched 0.7 percent for the week ended April 26, before falling to 0.48 percent for the period ended May 2.
Data released by the commerce and industry ministry showed that the index for primary articles rose 0.5 percent during the week and that for manufactured products was up 0.1 percent, while the index for fuels remained unchanged.
The sub-index for food articles rose 0.6 percent, even though prices of urad, barley and maize declined during the week. The sub-index for non-food articles rose 0.4 percent as raw cotton, raw silk and oil seeds became dearer, while prices fell for raw rubber.
- Inflation rate up to 0.61 percent - May 21, 2009
- Food inflation rises marginally to 8.76 percent - Apr 28, 2011
- Food inflation rises to 9.13 percent - Sep 29, 2011
- Food inflation dips marginally to 9.55 percent - Sep 08, 2011
- Food inflation dips marginally to 9.47 percent - Sep 15, 2011
- Food inflation slips marginally, still above comfort level - Oct 13, 2011
- India's food inflation rises for second week - Dec 16, 2010
- Food inflation soars, crosses double-digits - Oct 20, 2011
- Food prices fall; inflation will continue to moderate: Pranab (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- India's food inflation declines - Jul 21, 2011
- Food inflation continues in the negative - Jan 12, 2012
- Onion, milk prices keep India's annual food inflation high - Dec 09, 2010
- Food inflation declines further to 7.47 percent - May 19, 2011
- Fruits, milk push food inflation to 8.55 percent - May 26, 2011
- Food inflation slips a tad to 8.96 percent - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: annual inflation rate, annual rate of inflation, april 4, barley, food articles, fruits vegetables, India, industry ministry, New Delhi, oil seeds, rate of inflation, raw cotton, raw rubber, raw silk, spices, tea, wholesale, wholesale prices