India’s airlines fly less passengers in third quarterOctober 20th, 2008 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) India’s airlines carried 8.61 million domestic passengers in the third quarter this year, down from 11.1 million and 11.5 million in the first and the second quarters respectively, a government statement said here Monday.Private airline Jet Airways flew 2.04 million passengers in the July-September quarter, a non-peak season, while public sector carrier Air India (domestic) carried 1.56 million, followed by Kingfisher Airlines that flew 1.3 million passengers, the statement said.
In the low-cost carriers (LCC) segment, Deccan, now Kingfisher Red, carried highest number of passengers - 960,000 - followed by IndiGo (880,000), JetLite (760,000), SpiceJet (710,000), Go Air (200,000) and Paramount (140,000).
The percentage share of the carriers in the third quarter was: Jet Airways (23.8 percent), Air India (18.1 percent), Kingfisher (15.2 percent) Deccan (11.3 percent), IndiGo (10.3 percent), JetLite (8.8 percent), SpiceJet (8.3 percent), Go Air (2.3 percent) and Paramount (1.6 percent).
- Kingfisher's market share falls to fifth place in November - Dec 22, 2011
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline for sixth straight month - Apr 15, 2010
- Air passenger traffic falls for second straight month - Jul 18, 2012
- Domestic January-March air growth at 6.55 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline in February - Mar 15, 2010
- India's air traffic up 18.3 percent till October - Nov 22, 2010
- Domestic air passenger numbers drop 11.08 percent in Q2 - Oct 19, 2010
- Flight cancellations affected over 5,000 passengers in August - Sep 16, 2010
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in April - May 17, 2012
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in May - Jun 18, 2012
- November's domestic flyers numbers rise - Dec 20, 2010
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline fifth consecutive month (Lead) - Mar 15, 2010
- SpiceJet stock down 5 percent on reports of high attrition - Aug 24, 2011
- Jet Airways market share 25.2 percent during January - Feb 12, 2010
- IndiGo becomes third largest domestic airline - Jan 18, 2011