IndianOil, BP MoU for acetic acid plantNovember 23rd, 2011 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 23 (IANS) State-run Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) and British Petroleum (BP) Wednesday entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to explore possibilities of the two establishing a joint venture company (JV) for setting up an acetic acid plant in India.
“BP and IndianOil have signed an MOU to work together to explore the potential for establishing a 50:50 JV to invest in a 1 million tonne per annum acetic acid plant in Gujarat,” the state-run oil firm said in a statement.
According to the statement, the proposed project would also involve gasification facilities for production of synthesis gas.
“The proposed acetic acid plant would employ BP’s latest cativa xl technology, whilst the gasification facilities would utilise petroleum coke feedstock from IndianOil,” the statement said.
IOC said that a joint feasibility study is underway to affirm the exact configuration of the project, which is being targeted for 2015.
Acetic acid is used in various industries like pharmaceuticals.
- Thales, BEL to form joint venture radar company - Aug 29, 2012
- Reliance, BP form joint venture for gas business - Nov 18, 2011
- Mukesh Ambani's RIL signs $20 billion deal with BP - Feb 21, 2011
- Indian Oil ties up with Honeywell arm for biofuel projects - Mar 31, 2010
- India keen to invest in Sudan's oil projects - Oct 30, 2010
- Petrol prices lowered by 65 paise a litre (Lead) - Nov 30, 2011
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- BP to buy 30 percent stake in RIL oil blocks for $7.2 bn - Feb 21, 2011
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- Engineered plants 'could be turned into green plastics someday' - Nov 09, 2010
- Petrol prices lowered by Rs.1.85 per litre - Nov 15, 2011
- Thales, BEL to form joint venture radar company (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- India seeks clean coal technologies from South Africa - Jan 06, 2011
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: acid plant, bp, british petroleum, cativa, exact configuration, feasibility study, feedstock, gujarat, indian oil, indian oil corporation, indianoil, ioc, joint venture company, jv, memorandum of understanding, mou, oil firm, petroleum coke, proposed project, synthesis gas