Indian wins Finnair prize for best vision of future flyingJune 11th, 2009 - 1:12 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) An Indian has won Nordic carrier Finnair’s award for best envisaging how flying would look and feel like in the future, besting 1,000 competitors from around the world.
The prize, Finnair tickets between Europe and Asia, was won by Dattatray Kuvalekar from India, the airline said in a statement here Wednesday.
To mark the 85th anniversary of its founding, Finnair joined aircraft manufacturer Airbus and other industry experts in envisioning what flying would be like in 2093.
“Around 1,000 visionaries submitted their views on the flying of the future,” said the statement.
In the competition launched in March, people had the opportunity to vote on which aircraft of the future was the most captivating and to present their own visions of what flying of the future might be like.
“The wing-shaped Finnair A600-850, intended for short-haul routes, was voted the most enchanting design,” the statement said.
In Kuvalekar’s vision, flying in the future will be fast and, of course, neutral in terms of its environmental impact.
New technology will guarantee a smooth and efficient travel experienc, he said.
- Photo on Delhi that made into final of Finnair competition (With Image) - Mar 21, 2012
- Finnair adjudged best north European airline for third year - Jul 13, 2012
- Finnair starts service to western China city of Chongqing - May 17, 2012
- Airbus says China poised to become large aircraft market - Jul 16, 2012
- Finnair retains its four-star rating by Skytrax - Apr 13, 2012
- Finnair Cargo to launch India service - Aug 20, 2011
- 85-year-old Finnair's passion is the future of flying - Nov 01, 2008
- India demand spurs daily Delhi service by Finnair (Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- India may see Finnair's first long-haul flight on bio-fuels - Jun 14, 2012
- Finnair sees India as key market for tourism, transit - Jun 07, 2012
- Finnair announces winner of quality gauging contest - Dec 14, 2010
- Finnair inks dotcom alliance for hotel bookings - Sep 11, 2012
- Oneworld awarded best airline alliance award - Dec 02, 2011
- Finnair starts maiden cargo service to India - Sep 16, 2011
- Finnair to start daily Helsinki-Delhi service from January - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: 85th anniversary, a600, airbus, aircraft manufacturer, airline, asia, best vision, environmental impact, europe, finnair, India, industry experts, New Delhi, new technology, s vision, visionaries, visions