Indian to be admin head of largest Caribbean bankOctober 16th, 2011 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Port-of-Spain, Oct 16 (IANS) An Indian will head the administration of the largest Caribbean bank.
Minish Parikh, a former banking executive of the State Bank of India, joins the CIBC FirstCaribbean as chief administrative officer next month. The Board of Directors has announced his appointment along with three others to high-profile positions.
Executive chairman Michael Mansoor and CEO Rik Parkhill made the announcement this week.
CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank is the largest, regionally-listed bank in the English- and Dutch-speaking Caribbean, serving over 500,000 accounts in 17 markets through 3,400 staff across 100 branches and offices. The bank offers a full range of market-leading financial services in corporate banking, investment banking, treasury sales and trading, retail banking, wealth management, and credit cards.
Parikh has over 24 years of global commercial banking experience, including 14 years in senior executive positions with high performing teams in emerging market across different geographies.
Parikh will be based at the bank’s head office in Bridgetown, Barbados.
(Paras Ramoutar can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Suriname observes festival similar to India's Mahakumbh - Feb 23, 2011
- 'Commonwealth leaders should reconnect with electorate' (With Image) - Jan 10, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago PM chief guest at Pravasi Bharatiya Divas - Oct 27, 2011
- Bangalore Little Theatre relives India's political past on stage in Caribbean - Oct 03, 2011
- India looks at Trinidad and Tobago for oil - Nov 15, 2010
- Hanuman idol perched atop pole in Trinidad and Tobago - Feb 08, 2011
- Indian bank clocks 120 percent growth in Trinidad and Tobago - Feb 24, 2011
- Others can learn from Indian reforms: Trinidad banking head - Mar 28, 2010
- Robbery bid at Indian bank in Trinidad and Tobago - Jun 11, 2012
- Indian firm to open new office in Trinidad and Tobago - Feb 22, 2012
- China dangles $1 bn to woo the Caribbean - Sep 14, 2011
- Goan dances enthrall Trinidad and Tobago audience - Aug 13, 2011
- Video on Facebook page threatens Trinidad and Tobago PM - Aug 29, 2011
- Indian businessman abducted in Trinidad and Tobago - Mar 13, 2011
- Indians in Trinidad and Tobago exult over World Cup win - Apr 04, 2011
Tags: administrative officer, bank of india, bridgetown barbados, chairman michael, corporate banking, emerging market, executive chairman, executive positions, firstcaribbean, high performing teams, leading financial services, michael mansoor, paras, parkhill, port of spain, profile positions, retail banking, state bank, state bank of india, wealth management