Indian Railways posts 18.04 percent Q1 revenue growthJuly 21st, 2008 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 21 (IANS) The Indian Railways earned a total revenue of Rs.195.49 billion in the first quarter of the current fiscal (April-June) as against Rs.165.61 billion in the comparable period of last year, representing a growth of 18.04 percent, a railways ministry statement said Monday. The Railways’ earnings from freight traffic increased to Rs.134.70 billion, up from Rs.110.36 billion in the comparable period of last year, representing a growth of 22.05 percent, the statement said.
However, earnings from passenger traffic at Rs.53.42 billion registered only a modest growth of 9.96 percent, up from Rs.48.58 billion during the corresponding period in the previous fiscal, the statement said.
Indian Railways booked as many as 1,739.33 million passengers in the first quarter of this year as compared to 1,649.04 million booked during the corresponding period of last year. This is an increase of 5.48 percent, the statement said.
In the sub-urban and non-suburban sectors, the number of passengers booked during April-June 2008 was 916.22 million and 823.11 million, respectively, compared to 883.45 million and 765.59 million during the corresponding period last year.
This is an increase of 3.71 percent and 7.51 percent, respectively, the statement added.
- Railways' first quarter revenue up 12.15 percent - Jul 18, 2011
- Railways'earnings up by 7.83 percent in first half of fiscal - Oct 06, 2010
- Reliance Comm posts Rs.157 crore Q1 profit - Aug 13, 2011
- Eastern Railway earning up 3.31 percent - Mar 21, 2011
- Eastern Railway earnings up 8.63 percent - Jun 15, 2011
- Railways' first quarter earnings grew by over 7 percent - Jul 09, 2010
- East Coast Railway registers growth in freight loading - Jul 28, 2010
- ICICI Bank Q1 profit up 30 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- Eastern Railway earnings rise by 3.51 percent - Feb 22, 2011
- Railways' freight earning up by 6.27 percent - Jan 25, 2011
- Exide industries net profit up 35 percent in Q1 - Jul 13, 2010
- SIAM slashes car sales growth forecast to 9-11 percent - Jul 10, 2012
- India's exports drop by 5.45 percent in June - Aug 01, 2012
- Hindustan Unilever profits double to Rs.1,331 crore - Jul 23, 2012
- South Eastern Railway earnings up 14.41 percent - Mar 31, 2011