Indian president in Poland on trade tripApril 24th, 2009 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
Warsaw, April 24 (DPA) Indian President Pratibha Patil began a visit to Poland Friday to boost economic ties and anti-terrorism efforts between the two countries.
Patil met Polish President Lech Kaczynski and discussed economic cooperation amid growing Polish-Indian business and trade.
On the agenda were also relations with Afghanistan, Pakistan and China, reported the Polish Press Agency PAP.
Poland has some 1,600 troops in Afghanistan as part of the NATO-led ISAF force, and is to increase its contingent there to 2,000 in the coming months.
“We’re very happy that India is making efforts when it comes to helping Afghanistan, most of all helping in peace-keeping,” Kaczynski said. “And also that they are trying to lead politics of peace towards their partners from China and Pakistan.”
Patil was later to meet with Prime Minister Donald Tusk, Parliament Speaker Bronislaw Komorowski and business representatives from India and Poland.
Patil was also to visit the southern city of Krakow and the Nazi concentration camp of Auschwitz.
- Komorowski wins Polish presidential election - Jul 05, 2010
- Polish president, a friend of India, dies in air crash - Apr 10, 2010
- Komorowski wins Polish presidential election (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- Polish first lady may visit plane crash site - Jan 31, 2011
- Poland to have new government in November - Oct 14, 2011
- Obama congratulates Komorowski in Polish election win - Jul 06, 2010
- Obama undertakes two-day Poland visit - May 28, 2011
- Thousands pay homage to Polish plane crash victims - Apr 17, 2010
- Presidential polls in Poland June 20 - Apr 21, 2010
- President Patil to visit Poland amid growing business ties - Apr 22, 2009
- Komorowski wins Poland presidential election (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Komorowski to be inaugurated as Polish president - Aug 06, 2010
- Polish president's body reaches Warsaw - Apr 11, 2010
- Polish president plays down outside threats to Euro 2012 - May 17, 2012
- Dalai Lama expresses grief over death of Polish president - Apr 12, 2010
Tags: afghanistan pakistan, april 24, auschwitz, business representatives, contingent, donald tusk, economic cooperation, economic ties, indian business, indian president, komorowski, nazi concentration camp, parliament speaker, polish president lech, polish press agency, president lech kaczynski, president pratibha patil, press agency pap, trade trip, troops in afghanistan