Indian-origin Harvard professor to join GVK Biosciences boardJuly 22nd, 2008 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 22 (IANS) GVK Biosciences, a leading contract research organization, Tuesday announced the appointment of Tarun Khanna, a Harvard Business School (HBS) professor, to its board of directors. Khanna is the Jorge Paulo Lemann professor at the HBS, where he has been a member of the strategy group since 1993, said a company statement here.
Serving on the advisory boards of several multinational and emerging market companies in the financial services, automotive, life sciences and agribusiness sectors, Khanna has experience in a wide variety of industries.
He was nominated a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2007.
“We are very excited that Tarun has joined our board of directors. His vast experience in global strategy and understanding of the emerging markets will facilitate GVK Bio to grow to the next level,” said D.S.Brar, chairman of GVK Biosciences.
“I am pleased to join the GVK Biosciences board of directors at this exciting time of the company and industry and I look forward to this association,” said Khanna.
GVK Biosciences delivers integrated research services to big pharma and biotech companies globally. The company has more than 1,300 employees in its facilities in Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai and Gurgaon.
- GVK BIO gets Frost & Sullivan best practices award - Nov 21, 2011
- Over 250 companies to participate in BioAsia 2012 - Feb 07, 2012
- GVK BIO to support global consortium - May 16, 2011
- India's growth will have global effect, says HBS - Feb 01, 2010
- GVK bags Asia Deal of the Year award - Mar 29, 2012
- 'Move from regional grouping to global partnerships' - Jan 23, 2010
- India's Bharat Biotech to sell $1 diarrhoea vaccine - Jun 06, 2011
- TCG Lifesciences to foray into bio-tech medicine - Feb 16, 2012
- Harvard conducts case study on Farhan's Excel Entertainment - Sep 11, 2012
- India eyes $10 billion from biotech sector by 2015 - May 04, 2011
- USA-India business award for US researcher - Jun 29, 2012
- Greenpeace complains to SEBI against GVK Group - Jun 12, 2012
- Bharat Biotech receives $4 million award for new vaccine - Jun 18, 2012
- GVK Bio's Ahmedabad facility cleared by USFDA - Jul 30, 2012
- Public not to be hit if Natco Pharma licence cancelled: Bayer - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: advisory boards, agribusiness sectors, biotech companies, brar, contract research organization, emerging market companies, emerging markets, global leader, global strategy, gurgaon, gvk biosciences, harvard business school, harvard professor, hyderabad, indian origin, jorge paulo lemann, next level, strategy group, tarun khanna, world economic forum