Indian Oil’s Gujarat wind power project is readyMay 13th, 2009 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
Kandla (Gujarat), May 13 (IANS) Public sector refiner Indian Oil Corp (IOC) has completed its 21 MW wind power project near the port town of Kandla, a top official said Wednesday.
The wind farm, set up at a cost of Rs.130 crore, would be formally inaugurated later this week, the IOC official, who did not want to be named, told IANS.
The power generated in the wind farm would be used for captive consumption to operate the equipment installed at IOC’s fuel storages at the Kandla port.
A trial run of turbines has already been started at the wind farm, he said.
The project operation and maintenance contract has been awarded to renewable energy major Suzlon Energy.
On Tuesday, gas marketing major Gail India had said it was also planning to set up a series of wind farms in Gujarat.
- Suzlon Energy bags 50.4 megawatt order - Apr 20, 2011
- Suzlon Energy bags 48.3 MW project from Indian Oil - Aug 17, 2011
- Suzlon bags contract for 30 mw wind turbine in Rajasthan - Sep 03, 2010
- Suzlon's arm bags orders worth $387 mn in two months - Apr 23, 2012
- Suzlon Group to sell China subsidiary for $60 mn - Jun 23, 2012
- Sterling Agro buys wind energy equipment from Suzlon - Jan 15, 2011
- Suzlon crosses 5,000 MW of wind power installations in India - Sep 24, 2010
- Suzlon signs wind power deal worth $1.28 bn - Jan 28, 2011
- REpower to supply turbines to Sweden's Klagerup Kraft - Sep 15, 2010
- Suzlon Energy subsidiary bags 74.8 megawatt order in Germany - Sep 29, 2010
- Suzlon's German unit wins 295 MW offshore contract - Nov 26, 2010
- Suzlon bags 168.5 MW orders in India - Oct 15, 2010
- Suzlon Energy to set up wind turbines in Africa - May 25, 2011
- NALCO to set up wind power project in Andhra - Jun 02, 2011
- Spanish firm cuts energy deal in Brazil - Sep 14, 2012
Tags: consumption, crore, gail, gas marketing, gujarat, India, indian oil, ioc official, kandla port, maintenance contract, public sector, refiner, renewable energy, storages, suzlon energy, turbines, wind farm, wind farms, wind power project