Indian markets dip on profit booking (Lead)February 22nd, 2012 - 4:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 22 (IANS) Indian markets slipped sharply in afternoon trade Wednesday as investors booked profits after recent rallies. Realty, consumer durables, banking and metal stocks were among the biggest losers.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 18,490.87 points, was ruling at 18,159.59 points around 2.36 p.m., down 269.02 points or 1.46 percent from its previous close at 18,428.61 points.
SBI was the main drag on the Sensex, trading 6.19 percent lower at Rs.2,303, after reports that the lender had agreed to give Rs.1,200 crore in new loans to crisis-hit Kingfisher Airlines.
The 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was trading lower at 5,507.8 points, down 99.35 points or 1.77 percent from its previous close.
Broader markets were also in the red, with the BSE 500 index trading 2.09 percent lower. The BSE midcap index was down 2.79 percent while the BSE smallcap index shed 2.43 percent.
- Sensex closes 284 points lower (Second Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 283 points lower on profit booking (Roundup) - Feb 22, 2012
- Sensex subdued, banking, realty stocks under pressure - Feb 22, 2012
- Sensex at seven-month high, closes 139 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Sensex down 300 points as profit booking continues unabated - Feb 27, 2012
- Sensex ruling lower, IT, telecom drag broader markets - Jun 17, 2011
- Sensex slips below 18,000 points - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex down 82 points as bank, oil and gas stocks tumble - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex falls 126 points on weak rupee and global cues (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Sensex above 17,000, JP Morgan upgrades Indian stocks (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Indian equities markets down, Sensex edges lower (Roundup) - Jul 15, 2011
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex rebounds on rupee recovery (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Choppy trading at Indian equities after outlook downgrade - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: afternoon trade, biggest losers, bombay stock exchange, bse, consumer durables, crore, drag on, index trading, indian markets, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, main drag, metal stocks, national stock exchange, profit booking, rallies, rs 2, sensex, sensitive index, smallcap index