Indian management students prefer public sector jobs: StudyJuly 16th, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) Indian management students prefer to work in public sector firms over private ones due to secure employment environment and high future earnings, followed by MNCs , a study said Monday.
The study — Preferred Employer 2012 — by online job portal FlikJobs.com and MyHiringClub.com reflected how youngsters are looking at job security as one of the most important parameters while choosing their future employers.
It also said that for women job seekers, a bank is an attractive workplace compared to men. Among management and engineering stream employees, Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) is first choice to work and among BCA/MCA stream employees, Google is first choice to join.
“Job security is a big factor driving job seekers to opt for a job in the public and government sector. Working in the PSUs and government organisation is stable and permanent,” said Rajesh Kumar, chief executive officer, FlikJobs.com and MyHiringClub.com
“Once selected in any government position, the person is recruited until the age of retirement. In special cases, like corruption, theft or other job-related dishonesty, the person is suspended and when proved guilty, dismissed. Now in current scenario, salary is also almost at par,” he added.
The study was conducted on 1,86,745 registered job seekers of FlikJobs.com. Among surveyed employees, 21 percent respondents were from PSUs and government departments while 33 percent of them want to work with private sector organisation and 67 percent are happy with their current position.
- Hiring up in India economy in April-June - Jul 09, 2011
- Companies rely on employee referral for hiring - Aug 31, 2011
- Hiring to increase in October-December quarter - Sep 17, 2011
- India Inc cautious on new hiring: Survey - Oct 16, 2011
- Hiring picks up on positive growth outlook - Jul 02, 2011
- Manufacturing, engineering firms up hiring from smaller cities - Aug 20, 2011
- Salary, bonus to rise at slower pace: Survey - Nov 10, 2011
- Campus recruitment up 32 percent in April-June quarter - Jul 25, 2011
- NRI IT professionals move back to India - Jul 30, 2011
- Search engine `Simply Hired' launches first personalized job search experience - Jun 03, 2010
- Entitled employees 'more frustrated on the job, more likely to abuse co-workers' - Jul 14, 2010
- Bengal to provide facilities to job-seekers - Mar 23, 2012
- Small and medium industries complain of neglect in UP - Feb 06, 2012
- Unemployment rises in Spain - Apr 04, 2012
- Crash course in Arabic for Goan Gulf job seekers - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,