Indian IT major Infoys bags three-year Microsoft outsourcing dealApril 14th, 2010 - 1:39 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr. 14 (ANI): India’s Infosys Technologies has bagged a three-year IT outsourcing deal with technology giant Microsoft that covers 104 countries.Infosys will manage Microsoft’s global internal IT services including helpdesk, desk-side services, IT infrastructure and applications support, reports The Australian.
The value of the deal was not disclosed, but analysts believe it could be worth more than 100 million dollars.
Infosys says it will run Microsoft’s in-house services for applications, devices and databases in 450 locations. It has partnered with Unisys to provide global desk-side support and service desk services.
It’s no secret Microsoft has been on a cost-cutting drive due to dwindling sales in several major divisions. By mid-2010, the software giant is expected to have completed plans to layoff 5000 workers, a move aimed at saving 1.5 billion US dollars annually. It is unclear whether the Infosys deal will lead to more retrenchments. (ANI)
- Infosys Australia posts solid year - Apr 15, 2010
- Microsoft outsources internal tech care to Infosys - Apr 14, 2010
- Microsoft will focus on product line: Ballmer - May 27, 2010
- Wipro to provide legal process outsourcing to Microsoft - Jun 16, 2010
- Infosys ranked second in global outsourcing firms - Jul 23, 2012
- Microsoft opens global delivery centre in Bangalore - Dec 08, 2011
- Sonata to set up offshore centre for US firm - Jul 31, 2012
- Bharti Airtel in deal with IBM for IT solutions to African employees - Jul 12, 2011
- IT industry terms budget pragmatic, growth-oriented - Mar 16, 2012
- Microsoft buys Skype for $8.5 billion - May 10, 2011
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- Infosys to design informatics for US biotech company - Feb 05, 2010
- Indian IT firms look to Europe to diversify business - Sep 15, 2010
- 'Nokia regaining lost ground in handset market' - Jun 07, 2012
- Jet inks $62 mn IT services deal with IBM - Sep 21, 2010
Tags: 100 million, applications support, databases, desk services, giant microsoft, global desk, India, infosys technologies, infrastructure, layoff, melbourne, microsoft, million dollars, outsourcing deal, secret microsoft, service desk, software giant, technology giant, unisys