Indian footwear industry representatives trained in ItalyNovember 12th, 2008 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 12 (IANS) Eighteen representatives of India’s footwear industry participated in a training programme held in Italy on footwear manufacturing techniques recently, a UN official said here.The interaction with the Italian footwear cluster industrial model would foster the expansion of the shoe component and accessory industry which was essential to sustain the growth of Indian footwear exports, said Bruno Valanzuolo, chief technical adviser of the UN Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO).
Of the eighteen representatives, four are from training institutes Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI) and Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI).
The training in Italy is expected to encourage the Indian footwear units to shift to integrated manufacturing from subcontracting works and also improve plant layout, materials movement and an overall change in mindset, the US official added.
Meanwhile, around 23 small and medium sized footwear units located in Chennai, Ranipet and Ambur and officials from three training institutes have been trained by Italian experts on best practices in footwear manufacturing under the Consolidated Project for SME (small and medium enterprises) Development in India, a UNIDO programme.
The Indian Shoe Federation (ISF) and UNIONCAMERE Marche of Italy had signed a cooperation agreement in Octorber 2007 for different capacity building activities of footwear units in Tamil Nadu.
- India to boost Ethiopia's leather production - Sep 22, 2011
- Currency fluctuations worry leather exporters - Jul 21, 2010
- 130,000 Italians may lose jobs this year - May 04, 2012
- 'India-Italy trade at 15 billion euros by 2015' - Oct 31, 2011
- Britain's footwear major Pavers in expansion mode in India - Apr 12, 2009
- 'Leather exports to fall by 20 percent' - Jan 28, 2009
- UN: European financial crisis slowing down global manufacturing - Mar 03, 2012
- UN agency to partner in Vibrant Gujarat 2011 Summit - Oct 19, 2010
- IFC loans euro 10 million to Same DeutzFahr India - Jul 10, 2012
- Celebrate Earth Day with footwear made of recycled tyres (With Images) - Apr 20, 2011
- Italy shoe fair in India to target mid-size market - Jul 27, 2011
- Now an event solely dedicated to footwear - Mar 07, 2012
- Focus on strong education, industry training, says India Inc. - Jun 30, 2011
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- UNIDO announces programme for stone industry in Rajasthan - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: central leather research institute, footwear industry, footwear manufacturing, industrial development organisation, italian footwear, leather research, shoe component, sized footwear, small and medium enterprises, technical adviser