Indian exports up 29.5 percent in April-December 2010February 25th, 2011 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) India’s exports rose 29.5 percent to $164.7 billion in the first three quarters of the current fiscal and it is likely to remain robust for the next two years, according to the Economic Survey for fiscal 2010-11. “India’s cumulative export growth in April-December 2010 stood at 29.5 percent with cumulative exports reaching $164.7 billion,” said the survey tabled in the Lok Sabha by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Friday.
Current indications are that India will not only achieve the target of $200 billion but surpass it in 2010-11, it said.
India’s imports grew 19 percent in April-December.
On foreign trade, the survey points out that the US, which used to be India’s top trading partner till 2007-08, had been relegated to the third position now.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has emerged as the top trading partner of India followed by China.
Export-import ratios show that among its top 15 trading partners, India has bilateral trade surplus with the UAE, the US, Singapore, Britain and Hong Kong.
According to the survey, trade policy measures taken by the government and the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in 2009-10 and 2010-11 focused on reviving exports and export-related employment besides mitigating inflation.
“The government followed a mix of policy measures including fiscal incentives, institutional changes, procedural rationalisation, enhanced market access across the world, and diversification of export markets,” it said.
- India's cumulative export growth in April- Dec stands at 29.5 per cent - Feb 25, 2011
- 29.5 percent cumulative export growth in India between April-Dec 2010-11 (Part I) - Feb 25, 2011
- India's exports rise 36.4 percent in December - Feb 01, 2011
- Indian exports grow 36.4 per cent in December 2010, highest in 33 months - Jan 08, 2011
- 29.5 percent cumulative export growth in India between April-Dec 2010-11 (Part II) - Feb 25, 2011
- Highlights of India's Economic Survey - Feb 25, 2011
- Europe, US crisis to hit India's export: Survey - Mar 15, 2012
- Export grows 36.4 per cent in December 2010: Commerce Secretary - Jan 08, 2011
- UAE is India's top trading partner - Feb 25, 2011
- India's exports rose 6.71 percent to $25 bn in December - Feb 01, 2012
- India's exports rise 44 percent in August; deficit widens to $14 bn - Oct 03, 2011
- India's exports growth diminishes - Apr 02, 2012
- Exports held out despite slowdown but outlook cloudy (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 25, 2011
- India's exports rise 26.5 percent in November - Jan 03, 2011
- India achieved success in external trade: Pranab - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: bank of india, bilateral trade, china export, economic survey, export import, export markets, finance minister, fiscal incentives, indian exports, institutional changes, Lok Sabha, market access, pranab mukherjee, reserve bank of india, target, third position, three quarters, trade surplus, trading partners, united arab emirates