Indian equities markets close flat (Second Lead)May 9th, 2011 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 9 (IANS) Indian equities markets Monday closed on a flat note with a benchmark index ending a volatile day of trading dull. Broader indices too ended in the red.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 18,628.63 points, closed at 18,532.64 points (provisional), up 13.83 points or 0.07 percent from its previous close at 18,518.81 points.
The Sensex had touched an intra-day high in early trade at 18,643.58 points and fell to a low of 18,367.21 points.
The 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange also closed lacklustre at 5,547.05 points, down 0.08 percent.
Broader markets too ended tepid.
- Indian equities markets end tame (Roundup) - May 09, 2011
- Sensex gives up early gains (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- Sensex up moderately in early trade - May 09, 2011
- Sensex rises 149 points on positive European cues - Sep 06, 2011
- Indian equities markets end week on tepid note (Weekly market review) - May 15, 2011
- Sensex makes up intra-day losses, closes 60 points up (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Sensex closes 68 points up (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- Sensex in red, realty stocks lose - Apr 28, 2011
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 162 points lower (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Sensex moves up from intra-day lows, closes 25 points down (Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Sensex closes 102 points up (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Indian equities markets down, Sensex edges lower (Roundup) - Jul 15, 2011
- Sensex continues to trade volatile (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Sensex continues to trade listless (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011