Indian economy grows 8.2 percent in third quarterFebruary 28th, 2011 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) The day Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee projected an 8.6 percent growth for the current fiscal, official figures Monday showed the economy grew 8.2 percent in the third quarter of current fiscal, slower than an average of 8.9 percent in the first two quarters. Quarterly gross domestic product (GDP) at factor cost at constant prices (2004-05) for third quarter of 2010-11 is estimated at Rs.12,61,664 crore, as against Rs.11,66,145 crore during the same period last year, registering a growth of 8.2 percent, according to data released by the Central Statistical Organisation.
Agriculture, forestry and fishing grew at 8.9 percent, construction at 8.0 percent, trade, hotels, transport and communication at 9.4 percent, and financing, insurance, real estate and business services at 11.2 percent in the quarter under review.
The growth rate in mining and quarrying, manufacturing and community, social and personal services is estimated at 6 percent, 5.6 percent and 4.8 percent respectively.
Economy grew 8.8 percent in the first quarter and 8.9 percent in the second quarter of fiscal 2010-11.
The government’s top statistical office has projected 8.6 percent growth for the whole fiscal.
- India economy to expand 8.6 percent this fiscal (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- India economy to expand 8.6 percent this fiscal (Roundup) - Feb 07, 2011
- India's economy grew 8.5 percent last fiscal - May 31, 2011
- India's per capita income rises to Rs.53,000 - Jan 31, 2012
- Indian economy grows slowest in six quarters (Roundup) - Aug 30, 2011
- India may keep growth target at 8.5 percent - Feb 05, 2011
- Indian economy to grow by 6.9 percent this fiscal (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- India revises 2010-11 economic growth down to 8.4 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- India predicts 8.6 percent growth this fiscal - Feb 07, 2011
- Indian economy grows at a sluggish 5.5 percent in Q1 (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Survey projects Karnataka's growth at 8.2 percent - Feb 23, 2011
- Plan panel expects GDP growth in 2011-12 to slip from 8.5 percent (Lead) - May 31, 2011
- Indian economy grew 7.7 percent in first quarter - Aug 30, 2011
- Manufacturing leads India's Q1 8.8 percent growth (Lead) - Aug 31, 2010
- Economy to grow by 8.6 percent this fiscal: Pranab - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: agriculture forestry, business services, central statistical organisation, crore, finance minister, first quarter, fishing, gdp, gross domestic product, hotels, indian economy, insurance, New Delhi, personal services, pranab mukherjee, quarters, real estate, second quarter, statistical office