Indian business delegation visits TrinidadJanuary 22nd, 2010 - 12:36 pm ICT by IANS
By Paras Ramoutar
Port-of-Spain, Jan 22 (IANS) An Indian delegation has explored opportunities for trade and joint ventures in Trinidad and Tobago by conducting a string of seminars on small business development.
Dinesh Rai, secretary in Indian Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, said that the delegation made several presentations at small business related events across the country.
They shared information and best practices on issues like community-based incubators and explored opportunities for cooperation, trade and joint ventures.
The delegation which came here Jan 17, leaves Jan 23.
The delegation met Trinidad and Tobago’s Minister of Labour Rennie Dumas and several other government officials. The purpose of the visit was to share information and best practices on micro and small business enterprises in Trinidad and Tobago.
The Indian delegation consists of 11 business people and officials of the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC).
They also interacted with several private sector businessmen, the T&T Chamber of Industry and Commerce as well as the Coalition of Industries and the Manufacturers Association.
- India looks at Trinidad and Tobago for oil - Nov 15, 2010
- Others can learn from Indian reforms: Trinidad banking head - Mar 28, 2010
- Virbhadra Singh meets Mozambique Trade Minister - Mar 30, 2011
- India to establish trade centre in Trinidad - May 22, 2010
- Trinidad seeks India's investment in energy search - Feb 09, 2011
- India to showcase export potential in Trinidad - May 09, 2010
- China dangles $1 bn to woo the Caribbean - Sep 14, 2011
- Indian venture to empower unemployed youth of Africa - May 08, 2011
- India buys $70m worth of LNG from Trinidad - Apr 02, 2010
- Indian firm to open new office in Trinidad and Tobago - Feb 22, 2012
- India to help develop Trinidad as ICT hub - Jan 27, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago hails India's economic achievements - Jan 27, 2011
- Trinidad and Tobago PM in India from Thursday - Jan 04, 2012
- Exploited Indian workers on way home from Trinidad - Apr 25, 2011
- South African Minister Thabathe calls on Virbhadra Singh - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: business delegation, businessmen, chamber of industry and commerce, delegation visits, dumas, government officials, indian business, indian delegation, indian ministry, joint ventures, manufacturers association, minister of labour, paras, port of spain, related events, rennie, small and medium enterprises, small business development, small business enterprises, trinidad and tobago