Indian business delegation to visit Ghana next weekJuly 5th, 2012 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) An Indian business delegation of over 100 members, led by Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma, will visit Ghana next week to explore business opportunities between the two countries.
The delegation will participate in the three-day “India Show” to be held in Ghana’s capital Accra and hold talks with business leaders of the West African country.
The “India Show” begins July 9.
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is organising the “India Show” in association with the government, the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and the industry chambers of West African countries.
Led by Vikramjit Singh Sahney, chairman and CEO of Sun Group, the FICCI delegation comprises representatives from sectors such as agriculture and allied activities like food processing and health, IT, ITES, telecom and financial services.
Business leaders from value-added manufacturing, including mining and minerals, energy, infrastructure, construction, consumer durables, pharmaceuticals, science and technology, textiles and education, will also be part of the delegation.
The “India Show” will focus on the entire West African region which constitutes the ECOWAS countries, namely Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, the Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo along with Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritania, Săo Tome and Principe and the Republic of Congo.
The Show, which will be a combination of exhibition and conference, will have over 100 stalls and is expected to witness the participation of over 200 delegates from more than 10 West African countries.
- India keen to invest in Ghana's oil industry (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Indian business showcase opens in Ghana Monday - Jul 08, 2012
- Africa gets major share of Indian investments worldwide - Jul 12, 2012
- India takes over presidency of Saarc business chamber - Jan 23, 2012
- South Asia can become energy surplus: Bhutan PM - Apr 23, 2012
- Vaccination campaign to aid more than 85 million children in Africa - Mar 06, 2010
- India provides soft loans to West African businesses - Apr 23, 2011
- India expresses interest in Ghanaian oil as mega trade show opens - Jul 10, 2012
- India supports UN sanctions against Cote d'Ivoire - Mar 31, 2011
- U.S. imposes financial sanctions on former Côte D'Ivoire leader - Jan 07, 2011
- Africa looks at India with pride: Former Ghana president - May 17, 2011
- African financial services firm to assist, advise India Inc - Mar 29, 2011
- Ghana offers mangoes to sweeten ties with India - Feb 28, 2011
- South Asia to gain when Pakistan frees trade with India: Chamber head - Mar 21, 2012
- Zambia moves to fourth position in African football - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: african states, anand sharma, burkina faso, business delegation, capital accra, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, consumer durables, cote d ivoire, ecowas countries, energy infrastructure, financial services business, guinea bissau, indian business, indian chambers of commerce, industry minister, infrastructure construction, niger nigeria, republic of congo, sun group