Indian biz intelligence market to grow 15 percent in 2012November 23rd, 2011 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 23 (IANS) The market for business intelligence (BI) software in India is likely to grow 15.6 percent to $81.5 billion in 2012, a study said Wednesday.
“The market for BI software in India is forecast to reach revenue of $81.5 million in 2012, a 15.6 percent increase over 2011. Worldwide BI software market revenue is forecast to grow 8.7 percent to reach approximately $12.7 billion in 2012,” said research and advisory firm Gartner Inc.
According to the study ,the market for BI platforms will remain one of the fastest growing software markets despite expectations of an economic slowdown.
Organisations continue to turn to BI as a vital tool for smarter, more agile and efficient business, and they are increasing their current usage scenario from just an information delivery mechanism.
“The BI market has remained strong because the dominant vendors continue to put BI, analytics and performance management at the centre of their messaging, while end-user organisations largely continue their BI projects, hoping that resulting transparency and insight will enable them to cut costs and improve productivity and agility down the line,” said Bhavish Sood, research director at Gartner.
“It’s a sign of the strategic importance of BI that investment remains strong.”
Among the subsegments, BI platforms is still expected to be the largest in pure revenue terms, while corporate performance management suites is expected to grow the highest.
“The demand side of the BI platform market in early 2011 was defined by an intensified struggle between business users’ need for ease of use and flexibility on the one hand, and IT’s need for standards and control on the other,” said Sood.
- India, China to see growth in BPO sector by 2015 - Aug 22, 2011
- Mobile device sales in India to reach 231 mn - Nov 22, 2011
- IT spending in India to grow 9 percent by 2012 at $79.8 bn - Nov 21, 2011
- IT spending of Indian enterprises in 2012 likely Rs.1,910 bn: Gartner - May 22, 2012
- BRIC revenues help push IBM profits - Apr 18, 2012
- India's PC market grew 17 percent in Q2 of 2012 - Aug 28, 2012
- No impact of uncertainty on IT business: Premji (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Infosys on course correction to spur growth: Kamath - Jun 09, 2012
- Android to capture 49 percent of market by 2012 - Apr 08, 2011
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Inflation affected PC sales in Q1 of 2012 in India: Gartner - May 25, 2012
- Indian outsourcing industry to grow 23.2 percent: Report - Apr 12, 2011
- Indian enterprise software market grows 16 percent in 2010 - Jun 28, 2011
- Boom in Indian telecom industry to continue - Jun 12, 2011
- BlackBerry now set offer 'super phone' - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: 5 million, advisory firm, agility, analytics, business intelligence, business users, corporate performance management, economic slowdown, gartner inc, information delivery mechanism, management suites, New Delhi, platforms, productivity, research director, software market, software markets, transparency, usage scenario, vital tool