Indian auto sales up 10.61 percentMarch 9th, 2009 - 1:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 9 (IANS) Indian automobile manufacturers sold 1.04 million vehicles in Feburary, up 10.61 percent from 942,955 units sold in the same period last year, official data showed Monday.
The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) said passenger vehicle sales (excluding exports) during the month of February were 145,019, up 15.02 percent from 126,077 vehicles sold in the same period last year,
Total commercial vehicles (domestic) sold in the period under review were 31,069, down 31.68 percent from 45,478 units sold in the year-ago period.
Domestic two-wheeler sales in February totalled 836,926 up 12.66 percent from 742,856 units sold in the corresponding period last year.
Three-wheelers including goods carriers sold 29,989 up from 5.06 percent from 28,544.
- Car sales to fall in 10 years despite growth in January (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Slowdown, inflationary pressures affect automobile sales in August (Roundup) - Sep 01, 2012
- Car sales grew only 3.40 percent in April - May 10, 2012
- Vehicle sales up 8.45 percent in December - Jan 10, 2012
- Auto sales up in February, but industry remains cautious - Mar 09, 2009
- July auto sales slump as interest rates, fuel prices rise (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2011
- Mahindra & Mahindra grows 19 percent in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Car sales growth lowest in last seven months - Jun 11, 2012
- Passenger car sales down 9.26 percent in August - Sep 09, 2011
- August auto sales slump on high fuel, interest costs (Roundup) - Sep 01, 2011
- Excise duty hike pushes auto sales up in March (Roundup) - Apr 02, 2012
- Auto sales up 22.2 percent in November - Dec 08, 2011
- Interest rates, fuel price hike dampen automobile sector (Roundup) - Jun 01, 2011