Indian Angel Network to mentor Kochi start-upsAugust 31st, 2012 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Aug 31 (IANS) Venture capital group Indian Angel Network (IAN) will mentor budding IT entrepreneurs at the Startup Village in the city.
IAN president Padmaja Ruparel and Startup Village chief executive Sijo Kuruvilla George firmed up an agreement for this at a meeting here Thursday.
George said start-ups which are selected after the mentoring session will be provided expertise for raising funds and creating a revenue model for their enterprises.
“They will also be given constant access to high-quality mentoring, vast networks and inputs on strategy and execution, thus equipping them with the ability to assess potential and risks at an early stage,” said George.
IAN holds entrepreneur pitch meetings in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Pune every month.
“Our concept has found resonance with companies like Intel, Google, SIDBI, Sequoia, Nexus and RVCF. IAN is the country’s first and largest business angel group with over 200 investor members who are successful entrepreneurs and dynamic CEOs,” said Ruparel.
- India's first Startup Village at Kochi - Jan 18, 2012
- BlackBerry makers to set up innovation zone in Kochi - May 30, 2012
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- Students' ideas ready for incubation in Kerala - Sep 05, 2012
- Data protection firm raises $5 mn venture fund - Apr 06, 2010
- TiE turning immigrants into millionaires - May 18, 2011
- Goa trade forum to guide young IT entrepreneurs - Aug 11, 2011
- JGI Ventures to groom entrepreneurs with Rs.500 crore fund - Apr 06, 2011
- Startup Village inks pact with Finland's ACE - Sep 07, 2012
- Experts welcome SIDBI fund for service sector startups - May 21, 2012
- India's first telecom business incubator in Kerala - Oct 27, 2011
- Microsoft to incubate 10 Indian start-ups - May 23, 2012
- Chandy launches IT incubator - Mar 27, 2012
- Kochi Startup Village to have 2,000 IT firms - Sep 18, 2012
- Businesses need to cater real customer needs: Expert - Jun 04, 2011
Tags: angel group, angel network, bangalore, business angel, ceos, google, indian angel, investor members, kuruvilla, mentor, mumbai, nexus, padmaja, resonance, revenue model, sequoia, sidbi, successful entrepreneurs, ups, venture capital group