India Yamaha Motor to expand capacity in 2012December 31st, 2011 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 31 (IANS) Two-wheeler maker India Yamaha Motor Pvt Ltd Saturday announced its plans to expand its production capacity to one million units next year while closing the month with 29 percent sales growth.
While India Yamaha was silent on the investment outlay for the expansion, it has said sales for the month stood at 44,976 units (domestic 33,290 units, exports 11,686 units) - up from 34,839 units (domestic 26,567 units, exports 8,272 units) sold during corresponding month of 2010.
For the calendar year 2011, the company sold 460,815 bikes as compared to 350,274 units in 2010, logging a growth of around 32 percent.
“The year 2011 has indeed been an exceptional year for us as we were able to maintain consistency in our overall growth,” Hiroyuki Suzuki, CEO and managing director at India Yamaha, said in a statement.
“We are buoyant about the future and are looking forward to replicate and further improve upon this achievement in 2012 as well,” he added.
- India Yamaha Motor reports 14 percent sales growth in March - Mar 31, 2012
- Yamaha India's May sales zoom 59 percent - Jun 01, 2011
- India Yamaha Motor logs sales growth in July - Aug 01, 2011
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- TVS Motors, India Yamaha log sales growth in November - Dec 01, 2011
- Auto makers continue to log growth (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Car sales to fall in 10 years despite growth in January (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Yamaha to set up Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu - May 14, 2012
- India Yamaha Motor logs 30 percent sales growth in August - Sep 01, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki logs 9.2 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata Motors May sales rise 10 percent - Jun 01, 2011
- Hyundai Motor sales up in March - Apr 02, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012