India, UAE discuss security cooperationJuly 28th, 2008 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, July 28 (IANS) India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Monday discussed ways to boost cooperation in all areas of security between the two sides. The discussions took place during a meeting between India’s Ambassador to the UAE Talmiz Ahmad and UAE Interior Ministry Undersecretary Abdullah Al-Sha’afar in the latter’s office, the state-run Emirates News Agency (WAM) reported.
The UAE is home to around 1.5 million expatriate Indians.
Al-Sha’afar also received Somalia’s Ambassador to the UAE Ahmed Mohammed Eqal, and discussed with him a number of issues of common interest between this Gulf nation and Somalia.
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- UAE, Cyprus review bilateral ties - Jul 04, 2012
- Top US official visits UAE - May 21, 2012
- US, UAE discuss bilateral ties - Sep 10, 2011
- UAE, Indonesia hold talks - May 16, 2012
- UAE holds talks with Italy, Cambodia, Germany - Jun 11, 2011
- UAE leaders meet foreign counterparts - Jan 03, 2012
- UAE holds talks with Canada, Japan - May 31, 2011
- UAE, Palestine discuss projects - Jul 14, 2011
- UAE officials meet foreign leaders - Feb 27, 2012
- UAE holds talks with Britain, France - Nov 16, 2011
- UAE approves new veterinary products - Feb 27, 2012
- UAE holds talks with Tunisia, Belarus - Nov 29, 2011
- UAE-Belarusian relations discussed - Feb 24, 2012
- UAE, US discuss legal cooperation - Aug 16, 2011
Tags: 5 million, abu dhabi, ahmad, ambassador, emirates news agency, expatriate indians, India, interior ministry, mohammed, security cooperation, sha, somalia, undersecretary, united arab emirates, wam