India to invest $12 billion in IndonesiaJanuary 24th, 2011 - 12:43 pm ICT by BNO News
JAKARTA, INDONESIA (BNO NEWS) — India is planning to invest around $12 billion in Indonesia as the country’s President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is set for his three-day visit to India, the Jakarta Globe reported on Sunday.
During Yudhoyono’s second visit to India the two countries are expected to sign over 30 bilateral agreements. On Tuesday, they are scheduled to finalize 15 major deals that include areas of infrastructure, natural resources, manufacturing and services.
“We have had investments in textiles, automotive and banking, and now, in this new phase, we are going to have investments in infrastructure, natural resources, manufacturing and services, and the volume of trade will be huge,” Indian Ambassador to Indonesia Biren Nanda told the paper.
The Indonesian president will also be the honorary guest in India’s Republic Day celebrations on Wednesday, which commemorate India’s Constitution taking effect on January 26, 1950, after gaining its independence from the United Kingdom in 1947.
Since Yudhoyono’s 2005 visit to India in which the countries signed a strategic partnership in several areas such as trade and economy, bilateral trade from the two nations has increased from $4 billion to almost $12 billion.
- Indian firms showcase products in Indonesia - Mar 06, 2012
- Indonesian president arrives, $15 bn deals on the way - Jan 24, 2011
- India, Indonesia to sign extradition treaty, other agreements - Jan 21, 2011
- Indonesia eyes more investment from China - Mar 26, 2012
- Indonesia, China reach $17 billion cooperation deals - Mar 24, 2012
- India, Indonesia sign double tax avoidance pact, set $25 bn trade target (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Garuda Indonesia orders 11 more Airbus widebody aircraft - Apr 12, 2012
- India, Indonesia upbeat on $25 bn trade by 2015 - Jul 27, 2012
- India, Indonesia sign extradition treaty, 10 other pacts (Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- Indonesia keen to expand trade with India: envoy - Jun 17, 2012
- India, Indonesia MoUs focus on infrastructure development - Jan 25, 2011
- India, Indonesia to set $20 bn bilateral trade target - Jan 08, 2011
- Indian, Indonesian business chambers sign 16 MOUs - Jan 25, 2011
- India, Indonesia sign extradition treaty, seal $15 billion deals (Second Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- India, Indonesia sign 11 agreements - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: bilateral agreements, bilateral trade, biren, bno, celebrations, globe, honorary guest, indian ambassador, indonesian president, infrastructure, investments, jakarta indonesia, nanda, natural resources, president susilo bambang yudhoyono, republic day, strategic partnership, susilo bambang yudhoyono, textiles, trade and economy