India times tea promotion with London OlympicsAugust 2nd, 2012 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 2 (IANS) A special campaign to promote Indian tea in London, coinciding with the Olympics, has commenced with a bang at the Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, an official release said here Thursday.
A two-week long special tea promotion event during the July 27-Aug 12 London Olympics is also being held at Harrods and at the Heathrow airport as part of the overall promotional campaign.
India’s High Commissioner J. Bhagwati inaugurated the show at the Royal Festival Hall Aug 1, according to a Tea Board of India release here Thursday.
A mini tea garden was created inside the Royal Festival Hall, narrating the story of tea production - from the leaf to the cup. Drumbeats, Bhangra performance and other Indian dance performances were a major attraction of the day’s event.
Leading Indian tea producers and exporters, including McLeod Russell, Goodricke, Rossell Tea, Indian Tea Association (ITA) and Darjeeling Tea Association (DTA), were present in full strength and displayed some of the best teas in the exhibition stall outside the Royal Festival Hall.
A special nook has been created at Harrods to display Indian tea. Large digital display screens all over Harrods showcase a special selection of Indian tea.
This mega event of Indian tea promotion in London is expected to give a new fillip to Indo-British tea trade.
- Indian tea makers to showcase brew at London Olympics - Jul 25, 2012
- Love your morning cuppa? Get ready to pay more - Feb 09, 2012
- Gulf turmoil hit Indian tea exports - Nov 13, 2011
- Rs.1.25 crore prize money year-ending PGTI Championship at RCGC - Apr 12, 2012
- Tea production in north India to decline - Aug 16, 2010
- Green tea business grows in India amid health awareness - Feb 26, 2012
- Rossell to open three quick service outlets in Delhi - Aug 10, 2012
- Indian-American linguist wins US academic award - Apr 06, 2012
- Indian tea makers fear lacklustre exports - Mar 28, 2012
- McLeod Russel plans blending unit in Dubai - Aug 02, 2010
- McLeod Russel's unit acquires 75 percent stake in US firm - Aug 25, 2009
- Anglo-Indian MP quits Congress posts after being 'ignored' - May 19, 2012
- McLeod Russel's 2010-11 net profit up 7 percent - May 30, 2011
- Small tea growers usher in winds of change in Assam (With Image) - Sep 04, 2010
- Tea firm McLeod Russel's net profit dips 13 percent - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: british tea, dance performances, darjeeling tea, exhibition stall, fillip, goodricke, heathrow airport, india times, indian tea, london olympics, promotion event, rossell, southbank centre, special tea, tea association, tea board, tea garden, tea producers, tea production, tea trade