India, South Africa to cooperate in SME sectorNovember 15th, 2011 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) India and South Africa Tuesday agreed to boost trade and investment and further strengthen bilateral cooperation in micro, small and medium enterprises sector.
Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Jyotiraditya M. Scindia held bilateral talks with visiting South African Trade and Industry Minister Elizabeth Thabethe to discuss the areas of business cooperation.
During the discussions, Scindia reiterated the offer of India’s full cooperation for the development of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) sector in South Africa, according to the official statement released after the meeting.
Scindia offered to cooperate with respect to the structural issues and the dovetailing of IT into the handicrafts and handloom sector and exchange of vocational training and IT skills.
Thabethe appreciated the development of small and medium enterprises in India, especially of rural artisans, as well as the “cluster model” adopted in many sectors.
Thabethe is visiting New Delhi to participate in the 31st edition of the annual India International Trade Fair (IITF) that opened here Monday. South Africa has put up a “National Pavilion” at the fair showcasing the craft products of 20 artisans selected from across South Africa.
- For South Africa, Delhi trade fair is road to global market - Nov 15, 2011
- South African Minister Thabathe calls on Virbhadra Singh - Mar 28, 2011
- Virbhadra Singh meets Mozambique Trade Minister - Mar 30, 2011
- South Africa explores India's small business success - Aug 20, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh meets Yemen envoy - Mar 29, 2011
- India offers to develop Botswana's rail network - Sep 20, 2011
- South African handicrafts huge draw at Delhi trade fair - Nov 16, 2011
- Bengal to form MSME panel - Jan 19, 2012
- Korean team calls on Minister Virbhadra Singh - Mar 24, 2011
- South Africa keen to have Indian investments - Aug 22, 2012
- India, southern African nations to have trade pact - Sep 22, 2011
- Leather sector to play a major role in Indian economy - Feb 01, 2011
- MSMEs want separate pre-budget meeting with finance minister - Jan 14, 2012
- India, Zimbabwe to deepen investment, trade ties - Sep 21, 2011
- Over 60 Indian firms to showcase products at Australian trade fair - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: 31st edition, artisans, bilateral cooperation, bilateral talks, business cooperation, cluster model, craft products, full cooperation, handicrafts, iitf, india international, india south, industry minister, international trade, minister of state, New Delhi, showcasing, small and medium enterprises, south africa, vocational training