India seeks to invest in diverse sectors of Peruvian economySeptember 8th, 2010 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 8 (IANS) India is keen to invest in Peru’s hydrocarbon, mineral, pharmaceutical and agriculture sectors through joint ventures and deepen the economic engagement with the South American country.
According to the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Jyotiraditya Scindia, Indian companies see good business opportunities in Peru in various sectors, including food processing, textiles, fertilizers, chemicals and information technology.
Given the complementarities in the growing economies of Peru and India, there is considerable scope for improving trade and investment between the two countries.
India could benefit from exporting manufactured goods to Peru and other countries in the region, said Scindia, who is leading a business delegation to South America, according to an official statement released here.
Indian exports to Peru in the first half of 2010 stands at $290 million, while Peru returned $73 million to India.
Zinc, cooper, silver, fishmeal, beans and sheep skins are Peru’s most demanded products in India.
Meanwhile, thte Peruvian Andina news agency quoted Foreign Trade Minister Martin Perez as saying that he would lead a trade mission comprising around 100 enterprises next year to seek business deals in India.
Perez said he discussed with Scindia about the possibility of signing multiple agreements to which both countries have been working on for some years and a bilateral Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
India has expressed its intention to first end some bilateral agreements currently being negotiated, such as those on investment, double taxation and mutual legal assistance.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- India, Peru cooperation can boost two-way trade: Scindia - Sep 08, 2010
- Colombia to ratify tax treaty with India by year-end - Jul 08, 2012
- India, Zimbabwe to deepen investment, trade ties - Sep 21, 2011
- Free trade agreement with New Zealand soon: Anand Sharma - May 10, 2011
- India business delegation visits South America - Jul 06, 2012
- India wants to cooperate with Cuba in energy, telecom - Jul 14, 2012
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- Argentina buys Indian pharma products worth $200 million - May 04, 2011
- Explore opportunities in Latin America: Scindia - Apr 29, 2010
- India, Pakistan trade can reach $10 bn by 2015: CII - Feb 09, 2012
- India offers to develop Botswana's rail network - Sep 20, 2011
- India, South Africa to cooperate in SME sector - Nov 15, 2011
- India, Israel to hold FTA talks Aug 14-16 - Aug 13, 2012
- India, Malaysia implement trade pact - Jun 30, 2011
- India-South America trade deal to be expanded - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: agriculture sectors, andina, asian news, bilateral agreements, business deals, business delegation, double taxation, economic engagement, free trade agreement, hydrocarbon, indian exports, jyotiraditya scindia, martin perez, minister martin, minister of state, mutual legal assistance, peruvian economy, sheep skins, srj, trade minister