India seeks Qatari investment in oil and gas sectorOctober 28th, 2011 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 28 (IANS) Petroleum Minister S. Jaipal Reddy Friday urged Qatar to increase supply of crude oil and liquefied natural gas (LNG) and invest in Indian public sector energy firms.
Qatar’s Minister for Industry and Energy Mohammed bin Saleh al Sada met the Indian minister here and discussed the possibilities of increasing oil and gas supplies and investments.
“India is looking for strategic investors for some of the public sector energy projects like petrochemical complexes at Dahej and Manglore, and LNG import terminal at Ennore,” said Reddy during the meeting.
“Such investments will be a win-win proposition for both the countries,” he said.
According to an official statement released after the meeting, the Indian petroleum minister sought additional quantities of crude oil and LNG from Qatar.
Sada reiterated Qatar’s commitment to India to not only supply LNG under existing contracts but also additional quantities for which discussions are going on.
The Qatari minister also offered to supply liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and crude oil condensates which can be processed to produce white fuels like petrol, kerosene, aviation turbine fuel and naphtha.
The two ministers stressed the need for expediting the process of evaluating the present opportunities for mutual cooperation in the hydrocarbon sector.
Reddy expressed the hope that some of these deals would near fruition by the time of the World Petroleum Congress to be held in Doha in December.
- India seeks more gas, oil from Qatar - Apr 02, 2012
- India asks Saudi Arabia to hike crude oil supply - Feb 23, 2012
- India, Qatar to hold talks: Oil, Taliban on agenda - Apr 04, 2012
- India, Qatar sign oil pact, discuss Indians' welfare (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- India asks Qatar for additional 3 mn tonnes of gas - Apr 23, 2012
- India, Qatar sign oil and gas pact - Apr 09, 2012
- India seeks more crude oil imports from Nigeria - Mar 16, 2011
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Gilani to talk Afghan peace in Qatar (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Qatari emir to visit India, with gas sale, investment on agenda - Mar 04, 2012
- Pakistan, Qatar to cooperate in energy, trade - Feb 07, 2012
- South Korea to invest nearly $12 bn in oil in 2012 - Dec 21, 2011
- India to step up oil, gas imports from Africa - Dec 09, 2011
- Iran finds new gas field - Aug 09, 2011
Tags: crude oil, energy firms, energy projects, fruition, gas lng, gas sector, hydrocarbon sector, indian minister, indian petroleum, jaipal reddy, liquefied natural gas, lng import terminal, manglore, mutual cooperation, naphtha, petrochemical complexes, petroleum gas, qatari minister, turbine fuel, world petroleum congress