India registers slight slowdown in new telecom connectionsMarch 19th, 2009 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) India’s telecom operators managed to add 13.42 million new subscribers to the network in February, which was lower than the 15.26 million new connections during the previous month, official data showed Thursday.
With this, the total number of telephone connections in the country under both the wireless and wireline segments has gone up to 413.47 million, the sector’s watchdog, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, said in a statement.
The overall tele-density in the country has also reached 35.62 in the month under review compared to 34.50 in the month before, the statement said.
The total base for wireless subscribers (GSM, CDMA and fixed-wireless) stood at 375.74 million, with 13.44 million subscribers added in February.
In the fixed phone segment, the downward trend continued during the month with a drop of 0.02 million connections to 37.73 million from 37.75 million in January.
The number of broadband subscribers also rose to 5.85 million in February as compared to 5.65 million in the month before.
- Telecom growth continues with 15.87 mn new connections - Apr 22, 2009
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- India has 706 million mobile connections: TRAI - Dec 27, 2010
- Teledensity in India touches 51.05 percent - Mar 29, 2010
- Uninor leads India to 903.73 mn mobile subscribers - Mar 06, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base crosses 865.7 mn - Oct 20, 2011
- India adds 20.3 million telephone subscribers in March - Apr 26, 2010
- India now has 858.4 million mobile phone subscribers - Sep 09, 2011
- Telecom subscriber base growth dips in May - Jun 19, 2009
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 919.17 million in March - May 03, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base touches 811.59 million - Apr 29, 2011
- India now has 811.59 mn mobile phone subscribers (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Number of new telecom subscribers dips in April - Jun 01, 2009
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 893.84 mn - Jan 30, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base touches 791.38 million - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: broadband subscribers, density, downward trend, march 19, million subscribers, New Delhi, new telecom, segment, segments, slowdown, tele, telecom operators, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, telephone connections, watchdog, wireless subscribers