India, Qatar chambers to set up joint business councilApril 9th, 2012 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) The business chambers of India and Qatar Monday signed a pact to set up a joint business council that will promote two-way trade and investment.
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and the Qatar Chamber of Commerce and Industry (QCCI) signed the agreement on the occasion of Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al Thani’s state visit to India.
Sheikh Hamad is on a three-day official visit to New Delhi.
“The two chambers have agreed to set up the joint business council in order to carry out more systematically business promotional activities in trade, investment, technology transfer, services and other industrial sectors,” FICCI said in a statement after signing of the agreement.
The joint business council will provide a regular and recognised forum for discussion on promotion of these activities between businessmen and industrialists of the two countries, it said.
FICCI president R.V. Kanoria and QCCI chairman Sheikh Khalifa bin Jassim al Thani signed the agreement here.
- India asks Qatar for additional 3 mn tonnes of gas - Apr 23, 2012
- Qatar pledges to invest $4 bn in Spain - Mar 01, 2011
- Qatar exits GCC-initiated Yemen solution - May 13, 2011
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
- India, Qatar sign oil pact, discuss Indians' welfare (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Pakistan, Qatar to cooperate in energy, trade - Feb 07, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Qatari emir to visit India, with gas sale, investment on agenda - Mar 04, 2012
- India, Bahrain sign tax, IT pacts - May 31, 2012
- India, Bahrain seek trade boost - Jun 01, 2012
- India, Qatar sign oil and gas pact - Apr 09, 2012
- India, Qatar to hold talks: Oil, Taliban on agenda - Apr 04, 2012
- Doha declaration of Palestinian reconciliation signed - Feb 07, 2012
- 'Qatar needs to ensure better protection of Indian workers' - Apr 07, 2012
- 'Qatar needs to ensure better protection of Indian workers' (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: al thani, business chambers, business council, businessmen, chamber of commerce and industry, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, ficci, hamad bin khalifa, indian chambers of commerce, industrial sectors, industrialists, investment technology, New Delhi, pact, promotional activities, qatar chamber of commerce, sheikh khalifa, technology transfer services, trade investment