India Posts expands global coverage with Deutsche Post tie-upNovember 27th, 2008 - 5:56 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 27 (IANS) To expand its global coverage and speed up delivery, India’s state-owned postal services company, India Posts, launched ‘WorldNet Express’ Thursday in partnership with German postal services company Deutsche Post.”India Posts has tied up with Deutsche Post’s courier service DHL. Till now our Speed Post service was transporting packages and parcels to only 97 countries but after this association we can deliver packages to over 224 countries,” the chief postmaster general of Punjab, P.R. Kumar, told media persons here Thursday.
“Earlier, Speed Post was delivering parcels in 6-7 days but now WorldNet Express will make the delivery in only 3-4 days. DHL has its own planes and delivery vans so we won’t have to wait for space in other flights,” Kumar said.
‘WorldNet express’ service was launched Thursday simultaneously across 232 post offices in all the major cities of the country.
Kumar added: “People only need to bring the delivery material to the post office. Here we will provide weatherproof and tamper-proof packing material and boxes free of cost to the clients and our officials will pack their material. There will be no checking by custom officials of our parcels, thereby saving time.”
People can also monitor online the different stages and status of the delivery, said Kumar.
Gurbachan Singh, a resident of Mohali town in Punjab, around 10 kms from here, was the first customer to avail the WorldNet Express service.
He told IANS: “I have sent photo albums to my son in California in the US. Earlier, I was sending things through Speed Post but many times my parcels got damaged or lost on the way. Now with this partnership with a global player, we expect things to improve.”
- Himachal court offers relief to aspiring teachers - Jun 23, 2011
- Post office with four mail runners opened in Ladakh - Jun 19, 2012
- Shanghai's courier firms to open parcels before delivery - Feb 21, 2012
- Airport Metro opens postal service counter - Apr 26, 2012
- India Post to give discount on gold coins this Rakhi - Aug 01, 2012
- Postal department opens counter at Fabindia store - Jun 14, 2011
- UPS facing technical problems in its tracking system - Feb 16, 2012
- US Postal Service may cut 35,000 jobs - Sep 16, 2011
- Surge in Cocaine mail trafficking: Russian official - Jul 30, 2012
- Sachin Pilot launches environment-friendly postal delivery vehicle 'Soleckshaw' - Jul 09, 2010
- Wildlife trafficking through post surges in India - Mar 29, 2011
- US Postal Service reports loss on shrinking mail volumes - Nov 16, 2011
- Three postal employees, accomplice caught stealing parcels - Apr 23, 2012
- Free Shipping Day Garners Shop Hoppers Attention - Dec 17, 2010
- Govt. committed to make postal services more people friendly: Sibal - Mar 09, 2011