India, Pakistan to open new gate for trade by April-endFebruary 13th, 2012 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Attari-Wagah Border, Feb 13 (IANS) A dedicated gate at the Attari-Wagah border to facilitate movement of goods between India and Pakistan will open by the end of April this year, Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma announced Monday.
“Works are complete. We are going to see that. I want to assure you that by 30th April this gate will be ready and then it will be opened for trade,” Sharma said at a joint media briefing here with his Pakistani counterpart Makhdoom Mohammad Amin Fahim.
Both the ministers said they were hopeful of increasing bilateral trade.
The Pakistan commerce minister, accompanied by an 80-member business delegation, had visited India in September last year.
During that visit, the two ministers had agreed to increase two-way trade to $6 billion in three years from $2.7 billion recorded in 2010-11.
This time, Sharma is leading the largest Indian business delegation to Pakistan, comprising of chief executives of over 100 Indian companies.
(Gyanendra Kumar Keshri can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- India, Pakistan agree to dismantle trade barriers - Feb 13, 2012
- India, Pakistan to dismantle trade barriers (Round-up) - Feb 13, 2012
- Trade potential making India, Pakistan lift barriers - Feb 20, 2012
- MFN status unlikely during Sharma's Pakistan visit - Feb 13, 2012
- Political push can see India-Pakistan trade boom - Apr 08, 2012
- Anand Sharma heads for Pakistan with 150-strong business team - Feb 12, 2012
- Need concrete measures from Pakistan on trade: Anand Sharma - Feb 12, 2012
- India, Pakistan to ink three trade deals - Feb 14, 2012
- India, Pakistan agree to open more trade routes - Apr 14, 2012
- India, Pakistan trade bodies sign deal - Sep 28, 2011
- Pakistan to name India 'most favoured' trading partner by yearend? - Oct 02, 2011
- Pakistan expo aims to reap trade benefits, goodwill - Apr 12, 2012
- 'Trade can lead to peace between India, Pakistan' - Feb 15, 2012
- India may allow Pakistani investments - Feb 16, 2012
- New India-Pakistan checkpost to boost trade, travel - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: anand sharma, attari, bilateral trade, business delegation, chief executives, commerce minister, counterpart, india and pakistan, india pakistan, indian business, industry minister, member business, mohammad amin