India offers large promising market: OmanJuly 15th, 2010 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 15 (IANS) India is a promising market for Oman and the joint investment fund being set up will boost investment in both the countries, the Sultanate’s Economy Minister Ahmed Macki said here Thursday.
“India offers a very large and promising market to Oman and the joint investment fund signed between the two governments will help both our nations to guarantee capital for investment projects,” said Macki at a meeting organised by industry lobby Confederation of Indian Industry.
State Bank of India had Wednesday signed a joint venture agreement with State General Reserve Fund of Oman to set up a $100m fund to boost investment in India. The fund for the time being will invest only in India without any sectoral preference.
Macki said political stability in both the countries will lead to enhanced economic and trade relations.
Oman is seeking to transform its largely oil and gas-based economy to a modern industrialised economy and is looking at investment in manufacturing, tourism, warehousing and other allied sectors.
Ambassador of India to Oman Anil Wadhwa said bilateral trade has crossed $ 2.5 billion last year despite the global financial crisis.
“While petrochemicals sector have always been an integral part of our bilateral trade, there is a strong need to diversify and look at new areas of cooperation like ceramics, automobile components and others,” Wadhwa added.
The two countries are looking at collaborating in other areas like IT, food, healthcare and hotel sectors.
- India and Oman set up joint investment fund - Jul 14, 2010
- India, Oman agree to have 100 million dollar joint investment fund - Oct 21, 2010
- Oman Oil to invest $3 bn in Indian fertilizer plants - Sep 06, 2010
- India seeks Saudi investment in infrastructure - Jan 05, 2012
- UAE, Algeria discuss trade - May 26, 2011
- Geojit to lure Arab investors to Indian bourses - Jun 21, 2012
- Immense opportunities for Indian companies in Oman: Business body chief - Jan 24, 2011
- India-UAE joint task force to explore investments (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- India, Bahrain sign tax, IT pacts - May 31, 2012
- South Africa pitches for greater Indian investment - Apr 08, 2012
- $100 mn Oman India investment fund to be launched soon - Jan 25, 2010
- UAE, Vietnam discuss trade cooperation - Nov 28, 2010
- Amid global slowdown, India, Bahrain to scale up investment - May 30, 2012
- India, Bahrain seek trade boost - Jun 01, 2012
- India-China agree to have 5-year economic cooperation plan - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: anil, automobile components, bank of india, bilateral trade, confederation of indian industry, economy minister, global financial crisis, hotel sectors, investment fund, investment projects, joint venture agreement, macki, oil and gas, petrochemicals, political stability, promising market, state bank, state bank of india, sultanate, wadhwa