India-Netherlands bilateral trade pegged at 7.2 bln dollars in 2007-08February 10th, 2009 - 7:02 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 10 (ANI): Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Kamal Nath has stated that the bilateral trade between India and Netherlands has increased from US 3.9 billion dollars in 2006-07 to US 7.2 billion dollars in 2007-08.
During his interaction with Dutch Minister for Foreign Trade Franck Heemskerk, Nath said the Netherlands is amongst India’’s top trading partners and the two way trade has shown a healthy increase.
Speaking at the bilateral meeting, Nath said the Netherlands ranks fifth in terms of investments and the cumulative Foreign Direct Investment inflows from Netherlands during 1991-2008 (up to October) was US 4.1 billion dollars.
While interacting with the visiting Dutch Minister, Nath informed that the success of the India-EU FTA negotiations is going to be judged by the economic operators on both sides.
“This underscores the importance that I have repeatedly conveyed, about the need for a balanced outcome”, he added.
Major items of exports to Netherlands are petroleum, RMG cotton, ferro alloys, electronic goods, machinery and instruments while the imports from Netherlands are electronic goods, metalifers ores and metal scrap, transport equipments, organic chemicals, iron and steel.
The top sectors which attracted Dutch investments include telecommunication, services, trading activities, food processing and chemicals. Investment by top Dutch companies in India are from Hewelett Packard, Horizon, Cementrum, Powergen Holdings and Solvayay Holding. (ANI)
- India, Korea trade set to double in next five years - Feb 22, 2011
- Need to create a balance in Indo-French bilateral trade: Kamal Nath - Feb 04, 2009
- India taps Poland for access to EU market - Jul 11, 2011
- Need for early conclusion of investment promotion issue with Nigeria: Anand Sharma - Mar 16, 2011
- Indian business delegation to visit Indonesia - Apr 22, 2012
- India, Finland agree to explore new areas of trade cooperation - Feb 06, 2009
- China expects S100 bn trade volume with India by 2015 - Aug 17, 2012
- Belgium hopeful of India-EU trade pact by 2013 summit - Aug 08, 2012
- PM to visit Belgium, Germany to expand bilateral ties - Dec 07, 2010
- India to build stronger trade, economic ties with Brazil: Anand Sharma - Mar 08, 2011
- Trade accord with India by mid-year, says Thai minister (Interview) - Jan 26, 2012
- India-EU trade and investment pact talks almost complete: Sharma - Jul 11, 2011
- India, EU to expedite free trade talks - Feb 10, 2012
- India-EU trade pact soon: Sharma - Apr 18, 2011
- India, Singapore IPR cooperation likely to be signed soon - Jun 23, 2008
Tags: 1 billion dollars, bilateral trade, companies in india, dutch companies, dutch minister, economic operators, electronic goods, ferro alloys, heemskerk, hewelett packard, investment inflows, iron and steel, kamal nath, metal scrap, minister of commerce, organic chemicals, rmg, telecommunication services, transport equipments, union minister