India, Mauritius to strengthen travel tradeJuly 13th, 2012 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) India and Mauritius will strengthen ties in the tourism sector by increasing investment in the hotel industry, promoting more package tours and developing tourism infrastructure, Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai said Friday.
Mauritian Tourism Minister Yeung Sik Yuen Friday called on Sahai and both the leaders discussed ways for strengthening cooperation in the tourism sector between India and Mauritius.
Re-calling the age-old historic and cultural ties between both the nations, Sahai said: “Both the countries have tremendous scope to develop tourism infrastructure with mutual help. It would be appropriate if we strengthen our ties by promoting bilateral tourism.”
Sahai suggested that India and Mauritius could consider exchanging experience in destination management and may consider participation in tourism events of each other.
Both leaders agreed that tour operators and travel agents of both the countries may interact with each other in order to promote tourism between India and Mauritius.
- Tourism should be part of political agenda: Sahai - Jul 06, 2012
- MoU with ASEAN will boost joint tourism, feels India - Jan 13, 2012
- India, Israel to enhance tourism cooperation - Sep 05, 2011
- India, Mauritius agree to push for trade pact - Jul 06, 2012
- Foreign tourist flow to touch 8 mn by 2015 - Mar 11, 2011
- India, Uzbekistan join to promote tourism - May 16, 2011
- President Patil leaves on five-day state visit to Mauritius today - Apr 24, 2011
- India, Israel ink pact to boost tourism - Jun 25, 2012
- India targets one percent global tourist arrivals - Jul 05, 2012
- Sahai's Rs.100 crore largesse for Jharkhand tourism - Dec 14, 2011
- 100,000 skilled workers to join tourism sector - Jul 05, 2012
- President Patil to visit Mauritius tomorrow - Apr 23, 2011
- 35 new tourist circuits to be developed under 12th Plan - Dec 14, 2011
- Mauritius PM heads to India - Feb 04, 2012
- Pratibha Patil on state visit to Mauritius from Sunday - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: cooperation, destination management, hotel industry, India, kant, mauritian, New Delhi, participation, sahai, scope, sik, subodh, ties, tour operators, tourism events, tourism infrastructure, tourism minister, tourism sector, travel agents, travel trade