India likely to quadruple industrial growth to 225 billion dollar by 2020: Som MittalSeptember 1st, 2010 - 8:18 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sep 1 (ANI): National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) President Som Mittal on Wednesday said that India is likely to quadruple its industrial growth to 225 billion dollar by 2020.
Delivering a keynote on ‘India 2015: Leveraging It For Growth’ here today, Mittal pointed out the recent economic growth in the country, especially with reference to the Information Technology sector.
“Our assessment is that if we get our acts right, then in 2020, we could be a 225 billion dollar industry, which is four times that what we are today. And, by the way, it would not be constrained by demand. It will be constrained by our own ability to deliver,” said Mittal.
Mittal emphasised the fact that many IT firms are going also global, and opined that in a reverse process; India has become the second largest investor in the United Kingdom.
“India is becoming the R&D engineering hub. Parts of Boeing, satellites parts, parts of Airbus, and automotives are being designed here. Chip designing end-to-end is happening here. Even a company like SAP does three products which were designed, developed, conceived from India, supported from India and marketed from India,” said Mittal.
The NASSCOM chief also pointed out that more than 2.3 million people were working in the Information Technology- Business Process Outsourcing (IT-BPO) sector.
“If you look at the IT-BPO sector. I think we had an opportunity, the world needed us, we had the resources available with us. And I think very young people made it happen. We have today, about 60 billion dollars of total IT exports that we do, which is 20-25 percent of country’s exports,” said Mittal. (ANI)
- Nasscom meet focuses on IT-outsourcing sector - Feb 07, 2011
- Buoyant Indian IT industry rebounds but remains cautious (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 30, 2010
- IT industry lauds PM's move to review tax laws - Jul 30, 2012
- Indian IT service industry to cross $100 bn revenue mark - Feb 08, 2012
- Infotech can improve healthcare in India: Nasscom - Jan 30, 2012
- Indian IT industry to grow 16-18 percent, market cautious - Aug 23, 2011
- Wipro trust, Nascscom to hone IT skills of graduates - Apr 18, 2011
- Indian IT exports to touch $50-billion despite meltdown - Feb 04, 2010
- European crisis not to hit Indian IT: Nasscom - Sep 21, 2011
- Small towns to generate 3.8 mn IT jobs by 2020: Nasscom - Jul 28, 2010
- Indian BPO sector to grow by 15 percent this year: NASSCOM - Jun 09, 2010
- India's IT industry bets on growth despite uncertainty - Jan 08, 2012
- NASSCOM's 'Annual Product Conclave' kicks off in Bangalore - Nov 10, 2010
- Som Mittal stays as Nasscom president till 2014 - Jun 25, 2012
- Indian delegation to tap Africa's IT market - Aug 30, 2011
Tags: acts, airbus, amp, automotives, billion dollars, boeing, business process outsourcing, dollar industry, economic growth, hub, India, information technology business, information technology sector, investor, keynote, New Delhi, sap, satellites, united kingdom