India-Italy bilateral trade to reach $17 bn by 2014: ReportDecember 13th, 2009 - 1:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) The bilateral trade between India and Italy is expected to reach 12 billion euros ($17.5 billion) in the next five years from 6.5 billion euros in 2008, says an industry report.
“With deeper business engagement, trade between the two countries is expected to double to 12 billion euros in the next five years,” said the report prepared by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and Yes Bank.
The report coincides with the visit of an Italian business delegation to India Dec 14-16.
The delegation, led by Italy’s Minister for Economic Development and Foreign Trade Claudio Scajola will visit Delhi and Mumbai.
“India’s trade engagement with Italy is poised for a multi-fold increase with the impending B2B tie-ups, especially among SMEs (small and medium enterprises), licensing, franchising and merger and acquisitions, ” the report said.
FICCI will host India-Italy Business Forum meetings in New Delhi and Mumbai during their visit.
Business leaders representing sectors such as renewable energy, energy efficient buildings, waste management, logistics and port infrastructure, agro food, construction, apparel and textiles, footwear, cosmetics, furniture, jewellery and wine are part of the delegation.
The report mentions that there is tremendous scope for co-operation between India and Italy on various avenues such as food and energy security, infrastructure and technology transfer.
Italian industries can capitalise on the cost-efficient and vast expertise of the talent pool available in India to develop partnerships that ensure further innovation and sustained quality, it added.
“India on its end will immensely gain from the technology transfer and can leverage its growing manufacturing sector to cater to this segment.”
FICCI added that the two countries can also step up cooperation on biotech as well as pharmaceutical sectors.
“The biotech sector in India is still in its nascent stage and requires nurturing. Cooperation with Italy will no doubt benefit Indian industry greatly,” it added.
- 'India-Italy trade at 15 billion euros by 2015' - Oct 31, 2011
- India, Italy favour doubling their trade to $16 bn - Dec 14, 2009
- Italy to mount trade charm offensive in India - Oct 28, 2011
- Italian businesses eye deals worth 640 bn euros in India - Feb 03, 2011
- India, Italy eye euro 15 bn trade volume, tie-ups - Oct 31, 2011
- European firms tap India's huge environment technology market - Nov 15, 2011
- 'Huge potential for India-Italy defence industry cooperation' - Nov 01, 2011
- India, Italy to cooperate in nuclear energy sector - Dec 15, 2009
- India, Italy agree to ease business visa norms - Feb 28, 2012
- Singapore invites Indian investment in education and health - Jul 11, 2012
- India, Myanmar must conclude banking cooperation deal: CII - Nov 07, 2011
- Italy to invest 2 bn euros in Serbian energy projects - Oct 27, 2011
- FICCI, Exim Bank suggest initiatives for African economies - Oct 10, 2011
- India business delegation visits South America - Jul 06, 2012
- Indian business delegation to visit Ghana next week - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,