India-Israel joint venture capital fund proposedNovember 3rd, 2010 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 3 (IANS) Delegates from Israel and India at a bilateral business meeting here proposed a joint capital fund to enable private firms to take up high-risk projects.
The India-Israel forum, organised by the Tel Aviv University and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), saw participants calling for the setting up an India-Israel Venture Capital Fund, which would assist private firms to take up high-risk projects, with government providing due risk coverage.
The meeting, which was a closed door one, saw Israeli delegates present their achievements in the areas of innovation and technology and encouraged the Indian Industry participants to engage more actively in the area of research and development and technological cooperation with Israel, said a CII statement.
The two-day forum discussed and deliberated on opportunities in business cooperation and technological collaboration between India and Israel in areas biomedicine, biotechnology, water technology, alternative energy and ecology.
The forum was co-chaired by Stanley M. Bergman, chairman and chief executive, Henry Schein Inc, Aharon Fogel, chairman, Migdal Insurance and Financial Holdings Ltd and chairman, Ness Technologies, from the Israeli side.
India was represented by Jamshyd Godrej, chairman and managing director Godrej & Boyce and Tarun Das, president, Aspen India.
Though, bilateral trade between the two countries has grown at a rapid pace to scale $4.5-$4.7 billion, senior government officials and business leaders who attended the meet emphasized the need for the diversification of the bilateral trade basket.
- Indian delegation to visit UK for expanding trade ties - Jun 27, 2011
- Adi Godrej is new CII president - Apr 18, 2012
- India targets $1 trillion infrastructure investment: Ahluwalia - Jan 28, 2011
- South Asia's largest machine tool expo opens in Bangalore - Jan 20, 2011
- Hooda in Israel to talk agricultural cooperation - Apr 10, 2011
- Indo-Israel vegetable centre set up in Haryana - Jan 13, 2011
- GST can boost economic growth by 1.5 percent: Adi Godrej - Apr 19, 2012
- Anand Sharma to inaugurate India show in Ethiopia - May 18, 2011
- HPL's revival only after resolving shareholding dispute: Godrej - Nov 15, 2011
- Japan PM calls for cooperation in trade, academic sectors (With images) - Dec 28, 2009
- 26/11 brings India, Israel closer - Nov 26, 2010
- CII signs deal for Israeli technology - Jun 01, 2011
- 'Increase cess on mining; granting of leases should be transparent' - Jun 20, 2010
- 'Scrap subsidies on petroleum, coal-based energy resources' - Jun 20, 2010
- India business delegation visits South America - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: bilateral business, business cooperation, confederation of indian industry, day forum, financial holdings ltd, henry schein inc, industry participants, innovation and technology, israeli side, migdal, ness technologies, opportunities in business, rapid pace, risk coverage, risk projects, stanley m bergman, technological collaboration, technological cooperation, tel aviv university, venture capital fund