‘India-Iran trade can touch $30 bn by 2015′February 15th, 2012 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 15 (IANS) An influential Indian trade body Wednesday said the recent attack on Israeli targets, blamed by Israel on Iran, will not affect India’s growing trade and business ties with Iran, which can grow to $30 billion by 2015.
“India is a rapidly growing economy with a surging demand for commercial energy including hydrocarbons. Iran is a close ally and important economic partner of India,” said D.S. Rawat, secretary general of the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Assocham).
Despite the US and the EU sanctions on Iran, India’s trade and investment with Tehran are headed for an upsurge, the trade body predicts.
“The potential of trade and economic relations between the two countries can touch the level of $30 billion by 2015 from the current level of $13.7 billion dollars in 2010-11,” said Rawat.
Israel has blamed Iran for the terror attack on an Israeli embassy vehicle Monday which injured four people, including Tal Yehoshua (40), wife of the Israeli defence attache. Iran has denied the charges.
- Car attack: Krishna meets Israeli envoy, assures security - Feb 15, 2012
- Diplomat car bombing: Iran to consider India's probe plan (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Diplomat attack: Iran refutes Israel's charge - May 31, 2012
- Krishna meets Israeli envoy, assures full support in probe (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Terrorist was 'very well trained', says India (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- We don't accept or deny Israelis allegations: Iran - Feb 15, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, no Iran link (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- India assures Israel full support in probe, plays neutral (Roundup) - Feb 15, 2012
- Warrant issued against three in Israeli car blast case - Mar 15, 2012
- Bomber was 'very well trained': India (Intro Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- Manmohan set for high-wire diplomacy in Iran: Oil, trade, Syria on agenda - Aug 12, 2012
- Israel attack: Indian 'journalist' nabbed (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Blast in Israel embassy car injures four, Iran blamed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Injured Israeli woman stable - Feb 16, 2012
- Unfazed by US, India to scale up business with Iran (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: assocham, billion dollars, bn, business ties, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, commercial energy, defence attache, economic partner, economic relations, eu sanctions, hydrocarbons, iran trade, israeli embassy, israeli targets, New Delhi, rawat, sanctions on iran, secretary general, terror attack