India-Indonesia business forum launched to boost trade and investmentJuly 19th, 2012 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, July 19 (IANS) An India Business Forum has been launched here to boost trade and investment between India and Indonesia.
The Indian Business Forum (IBF) is aimed at bringing together Indian businesses and professionals in Indonesia for a “concerted effort towards an enhanced economic engagement with Indonesia”, according to a statement issued by the Indian embassy.
The IBF will be a common platform for a cross section of companies and individuals working in Indonesia to fulfil the objective.
Nearly 150 Indian executives, entrepreneurs and professionals attended the launch held here Wednesday.
Indonesia’s Trade Minister Gita Wirjawan said India and Indonesia are yet to achieve the true potential of their economic partnership and such forums would benefit both the countries.
Indian Ambassador to Indonesia Gurjit Singh said the forum was set up not only to act as a facilitator for increased and diversified trade but also to seek more investment.
“In order to expand trade, India Inc present here will work through this forum with the embassy to find ways for new technology transfer and new investments,” Singh said.
Singh said the forum would look at new plans and visions and play a facilitating role with the “very friendly” government of Indonesia.
- Indian firms showcase products in Indonesia - Mar 06, 2012
- India keen to invest in Indonesia's East Java (With Image) - Jun 26, 2012
- India's higher education is 'world standard': Indonesia (With Images) - Jun 21, 2012
- Indian envoy turns to YouTube, reaches out to Indonesians - Jun 12, 2012
- Through YouTube, Indian envoy reaches out to Indonesians (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Pakistan, Indonesia sign Preferential Trade Agreement - Feb 03, 2012
- Indian envoy meets Indonesian parliamentary speaker - Jun 12, 2012
- East Asian nations need to cooperate on education: India (With Images) - Jul 05, 2012
- Indian stamps released in Indonesia (With Images) - Jun 20, 2012
- Indonesian economy may rise 6.7 percent in Q4 - Nov 25, 2011
- 'Indian firms can help build Indonesian infrastructure' - Aug 31, 2012
- South Africa pitches for greater Indian investment - Apr 08, 2012
- Indian trade promotion office opens in Cambodia - Sep 02, 2012
- India offers vast opportunities to US business: Envoy - Sep 17, 2011
- Manufacturing zones planned in east, south (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: concerted effort, cross section, economic engagement, economic partnership, facilitator, gita, government of indonesia, india business forum, india inc, india indonesia, indian ambassador, indian business, indian businesses, indian embassy, indonesia business, launch, technology transfer, trade india, trade minister, working in indonesia