India Inc welcomes PM’s statement on growthJuly 6th, 2012 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) India Inc Friday welcomed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s promised action on several fronts to restore investor confidence, including clarity on tax matters.
“This is an opportune time to undertake financial sector reforms aimed at intermediating household savings to financial instruments that could be used for productive investments,” said Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Director General Chandrajit Banerjee.
Prime Minister manmohan Singh in an exclusive e-mail interview to a national daily Friday listed five areas as his priority in the short run to keep the India story going.
Another industry lobby, the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci), also welcomed the Prime Minister’s assertions that the government is focusing on reining in the fiscal deficit and attracting investments.
“Prime Minister’s statement on cutting down infructuous procedures and reducing the time taken by the government to respond to business proposals will surely go a long way in erasing the impression that there is policy paralysis,” said R.V. Kanoria, president, Ficci.
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India(ASSOCHAM) suggested that the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) should be entrusted with the responsibility of monitoring the implementation of projects within a time frame.
- India Inc welcomes rate cut (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Chidambaram's efforts will help revive growth: FICCI - Aug 07, 2012
- Industry welcomes GAAR deferral - May 07, 2012
- Singapore invites Indian investment in education and health - Jul 11, 2012
- 'Education system not keeping pace with evolving technology' - Sep 06, 2012
- CRR reduction will help ease liquidity problems: India Inc. - Jan 24, 2012
- Pakistan defers MFN status to India - Feb 14, 2012
- PMO seeks industry's support for rebuilding Leh houses - Aug 25, 2010
- Pakistan will take forward MFN status promise: Sharma - Jan 23, 2012
- India, Qatar chambers to set up joint business council - Apr 09, 2012
- India Inc says cheers to surprise interest rates cut (Second Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Industrial output grows 4.1 percent; rate cut possible (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- India's industrial output up 6.8 percent in January (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Kanoria is new FICCI president - Jan 19, 2012
- Economic woes are largely due to domestic factors: FICCI - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: assocham, business proposals, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, confederation of indian industry, e mail, financial sector reforms, fiscal deficit, household savings, india inc, indian chambers of commerce, industry of india, investor confidence, mail interview, manmohan singh, opportune time, policy paralysis, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, productive investments