India imposes anti-dumping duties on stainless steelApril 23rd, 2009 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) India has imposed anti-dumping duties on certain types of stainless steel that are imported from a host of countries including China and Japan after finding that they were landing at below the normal value.
“The domestic industry had suffered material injury,” said a notification by the Central Board of Customs and Excise. “The injury had been caused by the dumped imports from subject countries,” the board said in the gazette notification.
“The anti-dumping imposed under this notification shall be effective up to and inclusive of the 21st day of October, 2009, and shall be payable in Indian currency.”
Besides China and Japan, the other countries and territories named in the notification are South Korea, European Union, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand and the US. The duty primarily covers cold-rolled flat steel products.
The anti-dumping duties vary from $12.74 to $2,011 per tonne depending on the type of steel, the country of manufacture, the origin of import and the producer.
Some of the firms named in the notification include Arcelor Mittal from France and Belgium, Lianzhong and Shanxi Taigang from China, Acrinox from Spain and Malaysia, Columbus from South Africa, Posco from South Korea and Yeih United of Taiwan.
With a production of 53 million tonnes anually, India is the fifth largest producer of steel in the world, accounting for a little over 7 percent of the world output. The government has set a target of 110 million tonnes by 2020.
- China to adjust anti-dumping duties on Indian antibiotics - Aug 16, 2012
- US files complaint over China car duties - Jul 06, 2012
- Anti-dumping duty imposed on carbon black - Feb 04, 2010
- Anti-dumping duty on Chinese Vitamin C extended - Jun 19, 2009
- India to build stronger trade, economic ties with Brazil: Anand Sharma - Mar 08, 2011
- Industry calls for more customs duty on steel - Jun 28, 2009
- China to impose anti-dumping measures on US chicken imports - Feb 05, 2010
- Centre extends trade defence measures to domestic industry - Dec 02, 2009
- 'India's anti-dumping move violates WTO law' - Sep 16, 2010
- China opposes unilateral sanctions against Iran - Jul 01, 2012
- Team Anna alleges kickbacks in India's major deals - Apr 26, 2012
- As China dumps in India's solar market, domestic industry shrivels (Business Feature) - May 06, 2012
- Essar Group doubles steel capacity at Hazira, Gujarat - Feb 24, 2012
- Vietnam sues US over anti-dumping tax - Apr 23, 2010
- 15 cases of dumping of Chinese products being probed - Mar 10, 2010
Tags: anually, arcelor, dumping duties, european union, flat steel, gazette notification, indian currency, lianzhong, material injury, mittal, New Delhi, posco, shanxi, south korea, stainless steel, steel products, subject countries, taiwan thailand, target, tonne